Advertisements

Simply Irresistible – A Card Challenge

I am very excited to share today’s post; I’ve teamed up with The Foiled Fox to host a challenge. It’s a fun one and there are some generous prizes from The Foiled Fox on offer. As the name hints, the challenge involves the emboss resist method, one of my recent fave techniques. I decided to use the distress oxide inks alongside some gold embossing because I wanted to see how the DiOxes worked with emboss resist.

I worked on hot pressed watercolour paper, embossing the Felicity stamp first, then blending DiOx inks on top. The gold embossing resisted the ink and remained shiny. Next I coloured inside all the flowers and leaves with a wink of stella clear marker which added sparkle and oxidized the colour making it all lighter. I splattered some sparkly ink of stella liquid here and there also.

I used gold cardstock to frame the panel and create a die cut banner. I stamped on the banner with wilted violet DiOx ink and was impressed by the sharpness of the impression; I didn’t emboss it, just left it to dry. The banner is popped up on violet foam which just happens to match perfectly. Yay!

Now that you have seen how easy a little emboss resisting is please let the inspiration flow then link your card up on The Foiled Fox blog. The guidelines and link up are on their blog and you have two weeks to participate.  I will be popping over there regularly to see what you have dreamed up. I can’t wait. Here’s a short cut if you are ready to post or looking for inspiration Simply Irresistible Link Up

 

Advertisements

Felicity

Today’s card looks like it was created with a background stamp, which is practically the case, but not quite. I used the new slapstick cling stamp, ‘Felicity’ and stamped it twice to more than fill a card front. The stamp is actually longer than my average card but a bit narrower. The organic arrangement of the flowers made it easy to stamp it twice and make it look like one big image. I stamped in versamark ink then embossed in silver powder on hot pressed watercolour paper. I taped it down then spritzed all over the panel with water. It wasn’t soaking wet but it was wet enough that the brusho I sprinkled on next started reacting straight away. I picked up some more brusho colours the other day to expand my collection and three out of four on this card are new to me. I sprinkled orange, sandstone and rose red over the flowers, spritzed again, tilted the panel to move the water and waited to see if I needed more. I did this a few times then switched over to sprinkling the olive green brusho over the rest of the panel. The olive green was more intense and the leaves on the panel are small so some areas got very dark, very quickly. I used a folded paper towel to remove liquid and colour where there was too much. I also tilted the panel so colour would flow down towards the closest embossed barrier which makes for nice dark contrasting areas next to some of the silver embossing.

I let the panel dry naturally then trimmed it and matted with orange cardstock. I cut a curved banner from the new set ‘birds & banners‘ and embossed one of the co-ordinating stamps from the ‘banner sentiments‘ set in silver. The die cut banner looks folded so I used a marker to add a little shadow to the areas which appear to be behind the main section. I cut the same banner from orange fun foam so I could pop my sentiment up on the floral panel.

When I looked up the name of this new stamp, I was delighted to see it is called ‘Felicity’. I have a dear cousin called Felicity who I haven’t seen in many long years but I have fond memories of. I am going to try hard to actually send a ‘felicity’ stamped card to her, maybe this one.

Supplies

Stamps: Felicity, banner sentiments (PB)
Dies: birds and banners (PB)
Inks: versamark
Papers: hot pressed watercolour
Paints: orange, sandstone, rose red, olive green brusho
Added extras: Zing silver embossing powder