Gel Print Leaves video

Last week I posted a card featuring gel printed leaves from herbs I grew. I tried to explain my process but a few of you wished for a video so I picked some more leaves and had some fun printing them.

I used two different methods in the video, the leaf printed in yellow at the top of the page uses a two step method. The blue + green leaf above uses three steps and has one technique layered over the other technique.

I think the part of gel printing that gives me most inconsistent results is the way I apply ink. I’m getting better but I still get unwanted lines from the edge of the brayer. That wasn’t so evident on these prints as I was working on little gel plates called ‘petites’ from Gel Press.

I did a bunch of prints for this video on the square and the circle ‘petite’ plates as shown on the top cards. For the ‘slimline’ card I used three of the square prints but die-cut them smaller so I could fit them side by side on a 8¾” x 3¾” card.

I hope you give this a try, it’s quite satisfying and addicting once you get going!

….And did I mention I now have an online class called COLOUR CLUES?…

Supplies

10 Comments on “Gel Print Leaves video”

1. Leslie says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

2. swanlady21 says:

Gorgeous. I love the 2 step process results. I must find my gelli plate – have no idea where I have stored it.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Heidi says:

Beautiful cards

Beautiful gelli printing Heather and love the two different looks and which both look great, and thank you for the video which explains the technique really well. x

5. Clelie says:

Be Still My Heart…Gorgeous pulls and a Fabulous Video! I have never ‘hinged’ my paper before and can’t wait to use your technique. These are absolutely beautiful! ♥

6. Bonnie says:

Thank you so much for your video, Heather! I didn’t wait and immediately tried this technique. I love the results!

• Heather says:

I’m so glad you tried it and are happy with it. It is not so tricky once you see it done, its harder to describe it in words. I can’t wait to see what you made.

7. cat says:

I follow the DT for Gelli Arts and am not always enamored of their gel printing projects, but I really love what you did in your video.