Darkroom Door wedding cards

I’ve been creating with the tall flowers and nature walk stamps from Darkroom Door again, this time with a wedding theme in mind. Darkroom Door now has eight different sentiment stamps collections in list format, each one has a different theme. For two of today’s cards I isolated one sentiment by masking either side but on the second card I used a large chunk of the stamp as a feature over a soft blurry floral background. I am over on the Darkroom Door blog sharing these cards so make sure to pop over there for more details on my process.

This first wedding card made me think of a country style-decorate the barn type of wedding. I did a bit of masking to get the look of three daisies against a timber background and used twine to keep things natural and not too fancy. I inked the daisy from ‘Tall Flowers‘ set in worn lipstick, abandoned coral, forest moss and peeled paint distress ink, spritzed lightly with water and stamped in centre of a hot pressed watercolour paper panel, then used masks to stamp another on each side. I masked all three daisies so I could stamp the  Woodgrain Background Stamp in weathered wood and frayed burlap distress inks.

My second card features the ‘wet on wet’ watercolour technique. The watercolour panel was very wet before I stamped the daisy stamp in wild honey and forest moss distress inks. I restamped to get paler images then dried the panel before wrapping a vellum strip with gold embossed wedding sentiments over the stamped flowers.

The very blurry style is not for everyone but in real life it does have a soft romantic look to it.

My final card features wildflower silhouettes in blueprint sketch and milled lavender ink stamped repeatedly to get first, second and third generation images as well as silver embossed flowers and sentiments with some very sparkly silver ribbon.

Working with sentiment strips that have fifteen different sentiments gives me plenty of options, some of the ‘wedding’ sentiments are totally appropriate for other events too.

I enjoyed the process of creating wedding cards in three different styles and I know I could have gone even fancier. What’s the fanciest card you have ever made?

Supplies

9 Comments on “Darkroom Door wedding cards”

1. David Daniels says:

Love these cards! Beautiful as always. Elaine
    Sent from my iPad

2. bonklassgmailcom says:

Wow, Heather! I love all three of these! The soft pink daisies are so pretty against the barn board! I love the soft stamping of the wood. I love the soft, blurred look of the yellow daisies too and the combination of blueprint sketch and lavender makes for a beautiful meadow scene!

3. Christine says:

The wet on wet card is lovely. I will have to try that.

4. Elizabeth Jones says:

Again, can’t pick a favorite, love the blurry romantic look, and that barn board background, and the glitz of the third. Something for everyone! The fanciest cards for me would be wedding, and my daughter is at that age when she needs several, so – lots of fun. Thanks for all of your inspiration!

Three gorgeous cards Heather and love the look of them all with the stronger watercolour look of the first with the pretty orange daises, and I love the woodgrain look of the background. The soft blurry look of the second is equally beautiful and I adore the gold embossed vellum with all the different sentiments on it, and the last with a mix of first second and third generation watercolour stamping is fabulous too and I especially love the silver embossed images over the top which is complemented perfectly by the pretty silver ribbon. They all make wonderful wedding/anniversary cards. x

6. Verna Angerhofer says:

They are all so beautiful!

7. tish rowe says:

How you came up with the very creative way to make wedding cards out of the flowers is amazing. I am not a fan of the same ole traditional wedding cards of a cake and tuxedo or whatever, yet you have come up with extraordinary idea for any occasion.
    As usual, I am excited to try your techniques.
    Thank you for the time you take to explain and describe.
    Tish in South Carolina

8. memalagene says:

Beautiful & unusual wedding cards, I love them!

9. cmt says: