2021 BuJo – April theme

April’s bullet journal pages do not feature snow! I haven’t seen any blossoms yet but I’m sure I will before April is over so I chose blossoms for this month’s theme. As I’ve done for January, February and March, I masked a shape in the middle of the page with a large piece of post-it paper and did all my stamping and blending inside the masked area.

This is the first page I’ve used stamps for in my bullet journal so there was some experimenting involved. The stamp I chose is a ‘brushstroke’ stamp designed to look painted and I never use these stamps without adding some water and blending. Stamping ‘blissful blossoms’ on the non-watercolour paper meant minimal water so as to not get too much bleed through to the back of the page.

For both the title page and the to-do list page I inked the blossoms with pink ink cubes then added the rest of the colour with distress markers. I spritzed the stamp ever so lightly with water before stamping and blended the flowers and leaves ever so lightly on the page with a blender pen.

There was some bleed through but it wasn’t bad and I stamped over the top of it with the same blossoms when creating my April month spread that I’ll share another day.

Hope April is off to a good start for you. We have had gorgeous sunshine all week but I have seen there is rain coming. But you know what they say, “April showers bring May flowers”!

Supplies

(Compensated affiliate links used when possible)

9 Comments on “2021 BuJo – April theme”

1. Patricia Rowe says:

Heather, this is so delicate and lovely.
    What a joy it will be to open your pages each month.
    P S.
    Will bring pleasure when you lose memory, like I do when I totally forgot what I ordered, to remind you of what extraordinary work you do.

Tish

2. creatingincolors says:

So soft and beautiful!

3. Dolores says:

Definitely Spring colors and the light airy flowers are so pretty. Here in Wisconsin in just a matter days everything is coming alive! Rain, leaves, green grass, sun, it’s wonderful. Thank you for your inspiration, Heather.

4. Jan Castle says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!TFS!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

5. PaperMorePaper says:

This is not only a lovely image but a mood on paper.
    Thank you, once again, for the “How To” secrets behind the finished product!

6. nancystiz says:

I love seeing these pages! These are just beautiful in your wonderful, spring colors! Your handwriting is remarkable! If i could write like that I would never need stamps. I’m always in awe of how perfectly the lettering is formed.

7. Loll says:

I love cherry blossoms and your pages are filled with beautiful ones Heather! The trees here in Delta are blooming like crazy right now. I know they don’t last long, but they are so beautiful and delicate. You’ve captured that with your images. xx

8. […] used the same blissful blossom stamp from Penny Black that I used on the title page and to-do list. This time I masked some strips for blending pink before writing the days and the month title. You […]

9. swanlady21 says:

Love your soft spring blossoms.