Rain or Shine

Paper piecing? Fussy cutting? Cute teddy bears? What is going on? I can’t honestly say other than I was inspired by the April CAS mix up challenge and my current enjoyment of pencil colouring on kraft.

I stamped the PB ‘rain or shine’ stamp on kraft cardstock and Madison patterned paper in jet black archival ink. I started cutting the umbrella out of the patterned paper and realised my (lack of) fussy cutting skills would not do a good job of cutting around the bear’s heads. Instead I cut just the front of the umbrella out and coloured the stamped inside part of the umbrella with a white, a blue and a pale blue pencil. I used two browns for the bear on the left and the lighter brown plus a mustard for the bear on the right. A little pink and white on the faces and I completed my first pencil coloured PB bears!! Do you think cute might be a new direction for me đŸ˜‰

The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in the same ink. To add rain I taped the panel onto my glass mat and positioned a piece of post it tape along the top edge to mask as I ruled lines with a fine white gelly roll pen. Taping the panel to my glass mat and using a t-tuler made the rain pretty straightforward. As I mentioned at the top of the post I’m entering the CAS mix up challenge with this one.

Supplies

(Compensated affiliate links used when possible)

10 Comments on “Rain or Shine”

1. Mac Mable says:

Super adorable card. Fabulous colouring and love the paper piecing and the sweet sentiment x.

The bears are super cute Heather and look great pencil coloured on kraft card and the added paper piecing wit the pretty blue zig zag striped paper is so pretty, and your falling rain made using white gel pen is absolutely wonderful with the longer and shorter lines whick work beautifully and look so different. A gorgeous card! x

3. Janet S. says:

Brilliant! The coloring and techniques! Love, Love, Love the inside of the umbrella and the rain! So creative. Thanks, once again, for the inspiration!! You rock!

4. nancystiz says:

I am positive there is not a card style in existence that you can’t do! The coloring is fabulous and you managed to keep texture on those cute bears. Coloring the underside of the umbrella is brilliant and the raindrops- SO well done. It’s all those little extras combined with your coloring that make your work outstanding!

5. Oh this is just so special and cute and how wonderful to see you in the CAS Mix p gallery with this simply perfect CAS card. Your paper pieced umbrella is just perfect xx

6. Loll says:

So cute Heather!! I LOVE those teddy bears on kraft. Great paper piecing of the umbrella. The colours are so bright and pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

7. Bonnie says:

Your bears are adorable, Heather! Your pencil coloring is so smooth and well blended! I LOVE the paper pieced umbrella and the way the rain is coming down! A fantastic card, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

8. Linda Walmsley says:

How cute is this!!! Beautifully coloured ……. I love that you’ve used kraft card, and the paper pieced umbrella looks fab! Thank you for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

9. Nancy Littrell says:

Adorable and clever paper pieced card design, Heather. Love your sweet beautifully colored sweet bears with pencils, paper pieced umbrella and awesome ruler marks rain background. I do love your kraft card base background too. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. Love and Hugs….Nancy

10. Amazing! Fantastic colouring. The rain is so clever and Id love that umbrella! So happy to see your card in the gallery at CAS Mix Up!