Time for tea

I love this little stack of teacups from Darkroom Door. I have some pretty teacups that belonged to my Nanna, some from my Grandma and some from my mother. I don’t often use them because I like a much bigger cup of tea but I love having them. There are intricate details on the cups on this stamp but I have chosen not to colour the patterns individually, instead colouring each cup a different colour. I kept my colour scheme muted sticking with inks I have been using to stamp forests and trees lately.

I used a stamp positioner so I could ink one cup at a time. I kept a wet cloth handy to wipe off any ink that ended up on the adjacent cups. after stamping I blended the stamping with a damp brush to gently spread ink into the cup but not dilute the pretty patterns.

The stamp has its own frame so I trimmed with scissors right next to the frame and ran a peeled paint marker along the edge to make sure it was all inked. I chose my sentiment from another DD tea themed set, ‘Cup of tea” and cut it out with a PB tag die. I had hemp twine which exactly matched so I added a little bow to the tag. The stamped panel is popped up on adhesive backed foam on a textured cardbase.

Hope you have time for tea today, unless of course you are all about the coffee, but that’s a card for another day!

Supplies

10 Comments on “Time for tea”

1. Beverly Robinson says:

I ordered the stamp sets.

Sent from my iPad

2. Sherry says:

Love this stamp and how you treated it with the muted colors.

3. Tish rowe says:

What is amazing are the colors you use. They make the cups come alive. Plus, your details are always extraordinary.
    Thank you.
    Tish

4. Jo-Anne says:

I am all about the coffee but I love anything to do with mugs AND teacups.

It’s a lovely card, Heather.

Those pretty cups would certainly make me long to have a lovely cup of tea in them, and the colours work beautifully together Heather. I have a few pretty cups too, but I must admit to using mugs for drinks these days. x

6. Karen Jackson says:

I love this teacup stamped card Heather. Like you, I have inherited a lot of tea cups, but I do use them, some of them daily. We have a tradition in our house of having a cream tea at 3 pm on each Public Holiday (except Christmas & Easter), with home baked scones ,jam and clotted cream. The assorted cups are well used then too. I also have my night time decaf coffee in one.
    I really like the colours you have used for your teacups, and the peeled paint edging sets it all off beautifully.

7. Em says:

I love how you’ve colored these cups. Makes me think of my mother also who delighted in her collection of these delicate teacups.

8. Lagene says:

Beautiful creation, love the blending on each cup!

9. ND says:

Thank you for this beautiful card, Heather, and for the reminder that there are still more cups in the collection. Your story has also prompted me that there are now several great-grandchildren in the family to whom I must pass on the memory