2022 BuJo – June theme

Only a few days late getting my bullet journal pages set up this month. My theme could only be lupins I decided, as my back garden is full of them.

Lupins self seed and mine have been doing so with enthusiasm for the last few years but this year is the best display yet. I had to dig some out the other day because they were blocking the lavender from any chance of sunshine.

I used the Penny Black stamp ‘distinctive’ and distress colours that weren’t quite the same but not too far off what I have in my garden. Once again I masked with post-it notes before stamping which gives a crisp clean edge. I am still enjoying my Dingbats notebook but I did see some notebooks with embossed cityscape covers the other day which called my name, especially the Melbourne one.

I used a distress marker along with a staedtler brushmarker for all the words and linework.

After a hot unseasonable three days back in mid May we have had only mild temperatures. We also had an incredibly violent storm, actually a ‘derecho‘ just over two weeks ago. Our house was without power for a week so that’s why you didn’t hear from me on the blog. We did not suffer any damage to our trees or house but our neighbours and neighbourhood did along with many parts of Ottawa, Ontario and Quebec. The garden got soaked and bent but it has bounced back as you see.

At this time of year my garden is full of pinks and purples but later in the summer there are more whites, reds and yellows. It was my first year with alliums so I am happy to see they came up. The pack I planted in autumn were mixed but I ended up with one white and all the rest purple.

By the way I have updated the Classes page for local in person classes and will be adding more in the coming weeks.

Supplies

6 Comments on “2022 BuJo – June theme”

1. Jan Castle says:

Wonderful inspiration from your lupine….soooo pretty!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

2. Clelie says:

I planted lupines in my backyard years ago after reading Miss Rumphius (Lupine Lady) book♥♥♥. They never really seeded well and eventually all went away. Seeing your astonishingly beautiful lupines makes me think I need to try again! I LOVE your Bulo June entry page with the square of lupines…they are so crisp and perfectly done! TFS!

3. nancystiz says:

I’ve always loved seeing your journal pages and these are outstanding! Your calligraphy is incredible and love how your pages mime your back yard Lupins. What gorgeous colors not only on your card but in your yard too!

What beautiful flowers in your garden Heather and the lupins you have used for your BuJo are the perfect choice for the June pages, and I love the more washy look for the ‘to do list’ too. I love the alliums and irises which I can see in the second photo, and that one white allium stands out surrounded by the pink and purples of the other flowers. x

5. Karen Jackson says:

I love these pages Heather. I also love Lupins and I have this PB stamp which I am delighted PB made, as I don’t ever recall another stamp like it.Your garden is beautiful. Mine only has blue and yellow lupins and not as prolific as yours, but we have a very wet climate here. I love the colours you have used in your pages and the different combinations of colour. Gardens will often bounce back but it must have been awful to have been without power for a week.

6. nise says:

Your lupins are beautiful and you truly captured them in your bujo pages. Love seeing your monthly spreads.