Merriest

The new ‘Making Spirits Bright’ release from Penny Black is full of beautiful festive foliage. As you know I love working with florals and foliage especially on rubber cling stamps so these new stamps are definitely my thing!

I used Catherine Pooler inks for this design and the colours worked beautifully. I sometimes forget my CP inks, then when I put them to use I remember now juicy and vibrant they are. Take a look at my process below; I have used some of my favourite techniques on this one. (by the way I think I call the release ‘keeping spirits bright’ and the branch stamp fragile beauty instead of ‘winter branches’. Oops)

I know I have been hinting and promising the new class release for the last week. So thanks for your patience; it’s coming, it’s really coming!

I know it’s subtle but one of my favourite things about this card is the muted background, just some pale greens and brown tones with tiny white dots from the masking fluid.

Thanks for dropping by today. I’ll see you again tomorrow.

Supplies

7 Comments on “Merriest”

1. Paula S says:

So beautiful Heather! Your work is stellar! Thank you for sharing your process.

2. Maria Blake says:

What a lovely card!

3. Karen Jackson says:

Another wonderful video tutorial Heather. Such an unusual mix of colours on this lovely card. I love the way the blue berries pop where the light source hits them.

4. nancystiz says:

Once again your color combination is outstanding. Love the way you use this technique and I love the highlighting on the berries and leaves on the right side looking like they are in the sunlight. What gorgeous work!

5. Bonnie says:

So pretty, Heather! I love the various greens and those gorgeous blue berries!

Absolutely gorgeous foliage and berries Heather and really beautiful colours..lovely to see blue berries instead of red and the two different green tones for the leaves plus brown branches, adding to the depth of the piece. A great sentiment too. x