Disappearing lilacs

I keep returning to these lovely stamps because they handle watercolour effects so well. My other examples are more defined than this one but I like both techniques. I worked on cold pressed watercolour paper for this one and started by wetting the panel so I could stamp a pale washy background. I used only three distress inks, shaded lilac, blueprint sketch and mowed lawn. I inked the stamp with mostly shaded lilac and mowed lawn, spritzed it with water then stamped on the wet panel. The result is the pale disappearing images you see in the background.

I dried the panel before doing another impression with the lilac stamp, this time I added a few drops of water onto the panel and a spritz of water to the stamp. The ink blended on the stamp and pooled a little on the panel. My last impression was the more defined print on the right hand side. For this one the panel was dry but the stamp still got a spritz of water to move the ink.

I chose an area of stamping with very little definition as the spot for my sentiment stamped in versafine imperial purple.

Are your lilacs blooming? Mine are along with the first iris and some lupins so the blues and pinks are currently well represented in my garden. Yay!

Supplies

8 Comments on “Disappearing lilacs”

1. mjmarmo says:

Simply stunning!!

2. Connie S. says:

Beautiful card! Love it!

This is gorgeous Heather and love the look of the three impressions with the one to the right with more definition, and a great sentiment too. Just perfect! x

4. Karen Jackson says:

This is lovely Heather, so pretty. Both my white and variegated lilacs have finished now, but they were gorgeous this year. My lovely lupin was bashed to the ground last night after heavy rain. Our warm spell ended abruptly with overnight rain which flattened the lupin and peonies. So sad; we need to wait another year to see the peonies bloom again. It sounds like your garden is a watercolour heaven right now.

• Heather says:

My garden is getting there but the flowers are still a bit sparse. We’ve had rain but not the flower bashing variety yet. (it’s probably waiting for the peonies!!)

5. Lieve S says:

Oh wow, this card is a real beauty !!

6. chance1022gmailcom says:

Beautiful! I just ordered this stamp. LOL!