Watercolour Dance

dancing watercolour floral Heather Telford

It’s really quite hot here at present and this card some how makes me feel a little cooler. It’s either the watery splatter or the cool blues and greens. I used up another abstract watercolour panel to make this card; there is quite a pile of painted or stamped panels sitting on my desk waiting to be turned into something. As you can probably guess this panel was mainly green but had a bit of purply pink on it. I am pretty sure it was done with brusho because there are little bits of other colours mixed in which is one of the nice features of brusho paint – the colours are not purely one pigment.

dancing floral Heather Telford

I used the new ‘shall we dance’ die from Penny Black to cut as many  flowers as I could. I didn’t need them all to be complete die cuts as I wanted some tall and some short. Before I cut them I put ‘stick it’ adhesive on the back of the whole panel to make things easier later. Once I had all the flowers I could squeeze out of the panel I played around with positioning until I was happy. I did it all on a plain white panel assuming that I would keep the background blank and let the colours in the flowers pop. It would have been ok that way but I decided to use my watercolour pencils to try a little splatter in similar colours to the flowers.  It may not be strictly white space any longer but it is pretty.

dancing flowers closeup Heather Telford

I am going to let this card play along with not one, but two challenges.
The CASology cue card is

and the CAS Mix Up challenge is

I read the fine print and discovered that if you didn’t have sprays then splatter is just fine so we’re in!

Stamps:  Words of Kindness (PB)
Die: Shall we dance
Paints:  Brusho powders (Colourcraft)
Inks:  Cottage Ivy Memento ink (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper
Also: stick it adhesive sheet

21 Comments on “Watercolour Dance”

1. lollthompson says:

Gorgeous card Heather. LOVE the colours of your pretty flowers … always great to have a stash of watercoloured card to die-cut from. And I love the idea of splattering with your pencils … how cool is that??!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

I love the way you have die cut the flowers from a piece you made from Brushos with those pretty colours. The watercolour pencil spattering works beautifully. x

3. Bonnie says:

What beautiful flowers with all those colors that come from the Brushos! I love the addition of splatter too! A beautiful card, Heather! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

4. Jan Castle says:

Wonderful ‘cool down’ Heather – beautiful card!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

5. Shauna says:

Beautiful, as usual!

6. memalagene says:

Awesome watercolor creation! How do you do “splashes” with waterolor pencils?

7. Cheryl says:

Heather, I just recently found you and I’m so glad I did. Your style of cards are so much like my own and I get so much inspiration from you! Thank you for sharing your talent with us 😊

8. Heather what a pretty panel, I love that you splashed with watercoloour pencils! Splatter is a way to add interest to a CAS card without congestion. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

9. Absolutely stunning. I love the colours and how simple it looks.
    Love Alli xx

10. Clelie says:

I LOVE it!…and love the spatters!

11. jasleen says:

Gorgeous card, Heather. Saw it in the CASology gallery and had to stop by to have a closer look.

12. Laurie says:

That is really lovely, the colors are just entrancing and I love it. Wish I could afford that die.

13. wendy0322 says:

I saw your card in the Casology link up. I love the color gradient on your images! What a great effect!

14. Michele F says:

Heather!!! just as beautiful as it could be!
    =]

15. I Love your die-cut flowers out of your Brushos background piece. Great idea to add adhesive backing before you die-cut your delicate flowers. Your splatters look sprayed:-) TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

16. littledebbie4 says:

beautiful

17. Jen W. says:

More gorgeous colours and a good reminder to dig my Brushos back out… Thanks for playing along again with CASology this week!

18. […] watercolour die cuts to share. This card has a much higher fiddliness factor than the previous ones and has convinced me that I should never video myself making a shaker card! Rather than trying to […]

19. susanbri says:

Beautiful splatters and beautiful butterflies! I assumed the splatters were sprays – I must remember to use my w/c pencils for different splatter colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

20. Lynn Dalby says:

So pretty and lovely colours.