Terraced Lane

Terraced Lane Heather Telford

If you enjoy scenery stamps like I do there are a couple of beautiful designs in the new ‘A Little Bit of Sunshine’ release. This one, ‘Terraced Lane’ is a detailed stamp depicting both trees and steps. I will be trying this one in a range of colour schemes.

These two cards display two ways to approach such a detailed stamp. On the panel above I stamped first in vintage photo distress ink then added colour with a mowed lawn distress marker, the black elegant writer pen and a tiny bit of blue marker in the sky. I blended the green and black with water and a paintbrush to fill the scene with some colour then framed the top left corner free hand with vintage photo ink and some diluted black ink.

Sunset terraced lane Heather Telford

To create this sunset version I worked in the opposite order creating the background sunset with tombow dual brush pens first then once it was totally dry, I stamped the image in brown over the top. I finished the scene off by blending a few areas around the steps but left most of the stamping sharp.

Stamps: Terraced Lane (PB)
Inks:   Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo distress stains (Ranger) Elegant writer pen (Speedball) dark plum 679, rhodamine red 725, pink rose 703, light ochre 991 dual brush pens(Tombow)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, brown cardstock, Neenah natural white cardstock

13 Comments on “Terraced Lane”

1. You capture things so well. Every scene you make stirs a memory for me – do you do larger paintings at all? You truly have a gift!

2. Clelie says:

I am ordering Terraced Lane today (after seeing what you have done with it)! It leads one right up the path into “adventure”! 🙂 Just purchased the Speedball Elegant Writer and am not too sure how to use it but love the shadowing effect you achieve with it. Thank you for inspiring us with your beautiful creations!

3. cherylquilts says:

Oh my, Heather, this is absolutely gorgeous, and I love each one….but truly, the sunset is stunning! What an exquisite stamp and beautiful cards! Wow! Hugs!

4. creatingincolors says:

These are both gorgeous. And to think you have more ideas in your head – can’t wait!

5. Carolyn L says:

Thank you again, Heather, for presenting new stamps from an artist’s viewpoint. Especially love this pair of cards and your detailed description of the creative process. Gives us something to strive toward……and I emphasize the Strive!

This is a gorgeous stamp and love both the versions Heather. x

7. M says:

very beautifully done! sooo many cards…so few people to send them to 😉

8. Geri S. says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Your work is always fabulous, Heather, and I wish I could do as well. Will take much practice and getting some of the new stamp sets. Thanks for sharing your talent!

9. Janine says:

Really love the sunset version – beautiful card.

10. littledebbie4 says:

wow they are beautiful

11. Joanne Rancourt says:

these cards are beautiful, but this would be fantastic as a video tutorial.

hugs from France, Joanne

The second one is a little bit more “my colours”, but both of these are beautiful!

13. Liz in NH says:

You are on fire here, Heather. Just amazing. Thank you.