Most Wonderful

Moonlit Trees Heather Telford

I was very excited to see some new tree stamps in the new “Season’s Greetings” release from Penny Black. I am always happy to have more tree stamps to create stamped scenes with. I will be using the new trees from “Prancers” to create winter scenes but I will probably keep stamping with them all year long.  I used them as the main feature of the scene above and a shadowy suggestion of forest in the scene below.

Both scenes were done on watercolour paper but with different approaches and inks. For the scene above I started with a masking fluid flecked panel and positioned a circle mask for the sky. I then painted the sky in Memento Nautical Blue and Paris Dusk ink taking care to dilute the colour around the moon. I used the same two blues to paint the snow banks after I had stamped the trees in Memento Northern Pine.

On the card below I created a three coloured panel with Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough and Tumbled Glass distress stains. I applied the stains to the watercolour paper then spritzed the panel with my homemade Pearl-ex sprays. When it was all dry I embossed the snowflake and sentiment stamps with Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink and embossed with white powder. I added trees at the bottom with Chipped Sapphire distress ink and then splattered white gesso over the whole panel with a splatter brush. Both panels are framed by very narrow frames and attached to white card bases.

We had quite unseasonably cold weather yesterday, not quite the snowy scenes you see here but definitely chilly enough to sit by the fire in the cottage where I was visiting friends for the day.

Northern Lights Heather Telford

Stamps:  Most Wonderful, Prancers, Beauty of the Season (PB)
Inks: Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass distress stains (Ranger) Memento Nautical Blue, Paris Dusk, Northern Pink inks & Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Imagine Craft/Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock
Also: Winsor & Newton masking fluid, White embossing powder, White Gesso, Three separated Pearl-ex sprays comprised of water mixed with Interference Gold, Interference Blue and Interference Green.

14 Comments on “Most Wonderful”

1. Bahb says:

Spectacular, especially the last one, because it is soooooooo unique. Everything you do is unique, but this one is super-unique and gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing your talent like this.

2. bettijo519 says:

both of your cards are just beautiful (as are all of your cards) – especially love the second one!

3. You are the ONE Heather! You are my inspiration! Thank you so much! Beautiful and gorgeous. Especially love the first one!

4. Darlene Gabriel says:

Heather these cards are so gorgeous!

5. Beverly says:

Both cards are lovely. You always catch my eyes with your tree cards. Thank you.

6. Rob Keogh says:

These are both beautiful cards Heather, I especially love the scene you’ve created in the first card.

7. Junebug says:

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

8. suemcrae says:

Both cards are delightful wintry masterpieces!

9. Rufus says:

Both of these are gorgeous, but the second,perhaps, even more than the first. Wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch you create them. Thanks for sharing them,
    R/

10. Heather, these cards are stunning. I think you should do a class with them. I would be there for certain. I really like the way the moon is slightly rough on the edges in the first card.

11. jmhave44 says:

Always love your tree scenes. I’ve gotten so far as buying some of the masking fluid. Now to just use it! Lovely cards, each one. TFS & Happy wkend.

12. nise says:

So not ready to even think about Christmas cards, but these are GORGEOUS! My favorite is the second one. I just love how you made that background.

Wow, two perfect watercolour paintings here on your cards, Heather. (I didn’t think gesso would “spatter” well, but I’ll have to give it a try next time I forget the masking fluid first…)

14. Dalma Bugg says:

Heather, these cards are just soooo e quisitely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them – your instructions make them so easily achievable and yet they appear quite complicated.