Promise me tulips

Promise me tulips Heather Telford

This lovely tulip stamp is just one of the six new ‘brush stroke’ stamps in the new Happy Everything catalogue.  Surprise, surprise I chose to watercolour with it. This time I used the ‘wet into wet’ technique described in my recent  butterfly tutorial. I inked the stamp in green and plum then pressed it onto wet watercolour paper. All the colour in the background of the panel was created this way right at the beginning. When the paper was almost dry I re-inked the stamp and stamped it again this time achieving the more defined flower heads and leaves.  I picked up some green and some plum ink on a paintbrush and flicked it onto the panel when totally dry.

The festivities continue today on the Penny Black blog: more inspiration, giveaways and a contest

Stamps:  Promise MeSpecial Wishes (PB)
Inks: Memento Sweet Plum, Cottage Ivy  (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper

7 Comments on “Promise me tulips”

1. Janine B says:

I haven’t been brave enough to try this technique yet as I am quite a precise person but I think I need to find my flower images and give it a try.

2. Helen G. says:

Wow! Your card is gorgeous! So love your stamping & coloring technique!

3. Doris Hubbard says:

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPad

4. jmhave44 says:

Love it! I like the softness you achieved with that 1st w/c stamping, then the definition from the 2nd dry stamping. So very pretty.

Penny Black must be making stamps with you in mind, Heather. Beautiful use of these tulips. On my weekend to-do list… try some watercolour techniques!

6. djkardkreations says:

Always stunning and like something I would see, if I were lucky, on a trip to an art museum!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

7. Bettina 2 says:

And again – unbelievable! So beautiful!!! Yesterday I tried it myself and found, that it is so much fun to see it growing. And till the end you don´t know how it will look like. I like it, that the material not only does what I want but has its own “life”.