Warm toned collage

Heart Smile Heather Telford

I am not quite sure what style this card would be. Perhaps Vintage floral grunge with a side of chalkboard?? I had fun layering colour, particularly a few yummy sounding distress inks. I don’t have many distress inks but I surprised myself in realising that spiced marmalade is currently my favourite. I rarely reach for  orange inks, or orange anything really, but the spiced marmalade is just so rich and bright and happy and yes, yummy. And that wild honey sounds nice too.

I brayered Antique Linen and Wild Honey on the cream panel as a base. Next I added some text inked with Spiced Marmalade and spritzed with water in a couple of places. On the left side and in the corner of the panel I stamped the flourish strip from the Twirls set. I chose one of the new chalkboard style sentiments which I stamped in water first to create some watermarks then brown ink. When dry I used a marker to add black shadowing down the left hand side of some of the letters. To complete the panel I used the same inks to colour and stamp a scrap of card out of which I die cut the fancy flourish. I matted the panel in dark brown then added some stamping and sponging to the card base.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my watercolour florals this week both here and on the PB blog. It is a thrill to get such positive feedback on my designs and the wonderful new stamps.

Stamps: Cupcake Day , Twirls , Letter background(PB)
Inks: Memento Espresso Truffle (Tsukineko) & DistressWalnut Stain, Antique Linen, Wild Honey
Distress Stains: Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo (Ranger)
Creative Dies: Fancy Flourish

15 Comments on “Warm toned collage”

1. jillianfoster82 says:

Heather! Your card-making is so “hot” right now! You keep blowing me away. This is beyond stunning. Seriously. 🙂

Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 04:08:31 +0000 To: jillianfoster82@hotmail.com

2. Edna says:

it is another sweet color and technique turn-out. Always delightful and a wow.

3. Marliese Zimmerman says:

Bits and Pieces is one of the first e-mails I open each day and you never disappoint. Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    Marliese

4. nise says:

You do such AMAZING things with paper and ink! This is beautiful. I really like the distress inks and am so happy to see you use them. My current favorite is bundled sage, but that could change at any time.

5. Amazing! I’m not an orange person but this is like a golden orange, so beautiful! Love it! Bravo!

6. Liz Killian says:

Great card Heather and nice tutorial about how to do it. I really enjoy all your posts and am learning so much. I want to try all your methods and can’t wait to get back home to my stamping corner to give them a try.

7. Marianne says:

This is really gorgeous, Heather. I’m not a fan of orange myself (except for the Dutch skaters who did brilliantly on the first 2 days of the Olympics LOL), but I agree that Spiced Marmelade is an exception to the rule when it comes to card making.

8. DInnie says:

JUST THE INSPIRATION I AM LOOKING FOR, WONDERFUL !!! THANK YOU , IT IS PERFECT !!!

9. Oh my goodness, Heather! Whatever Victorian Grunge-y style this is, it’s GORGEOUS!

10. bonnielynnh says:

Love this! Warm, happy, elegant…it does it all!

11. Gabby says:

Fantastic layers of ink! 🙂

Ah, yes, that entirely new floral-grunge cardmaking style. 😉 Whatever it is, it really works, Heather!

13. Andrea says:

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

14. lesliekmiller says:

The names of those distress inks are enough to make me want to buy them. If I didn’t have so many SU! inks I’d fill up with these. I love a rich spicy color like this. Not too orange, but delicious. Beautiful card, Heather!

15. Nonni says:

Wow, these color are just amazing! Such a beautiful card.