First Dance

First Dance Heather Telford

When  I first received the lily stamp from Penny Black I was not aware that it was named “First Dance”. The name does seem perfect when you look at it swaying in the breeze. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I used a watercolour technique to make this card! I inked the stamp with markers and stamped it on dry watercolour paper. I then spritzed sparingly with water and added more colour to petals and leaves with a paintbrush. I added little dots with a marker then re-stamped the stamen in brown.

The inspiration from the “Happy Everything” collection continues on the PB blog today with Jill’s gorgeous creations.

Stamps:  First DanceSpecial Wishes (PB)
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Dandelion, Potter’s Clay, Tangelo, Pear Tart  (Tsukineko)
Distress Stains: Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint (Ranger)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Penny Black mix & match Fall Festival paper

13 Comments on “First Dance”

1. Judy says:

Stunning!

2. Janet Castle says:

Gorgeous…I have had my eye on this stamp….you really did it justice Heather!
    Jan

3. koivuhiiri says:

So beautiful 🙂

4. Doris Hubbard says:

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPad

5. lesliekmiller says:

A beautiful, graceful image. I’m pretty sure I have some solid PB stamps. I’m anxious to give this a try. Love!

6. Janice says:

Another beauty

7. cat craig says:

This is lovely Heather. Your watercolor projects always leave me smiling.

It’s a beautiful stamp, but then your technique enhances it even more! I like how even the sentiment looks watercoloured.

9. Thank you Heather, not only for sharing your artistic creations but also for sharing how you did them. Some of my best cards are from just playing with your creative techniques! Your style is something I have admired for quite some time. You introduce ideas most of us have never even thought of. What an incredible artist you are!

10. Janice says: