Penny Black seems to come out with at least one pretty new poinsettia stamp every year and this year’s, featured above, is called ‘La Fleur Rouge’. The stamp has three flower heads on it and I have stamped it three times on the panel. You can see from the white speckled effect that I started with masking fluid splattered on my watercolour paper. I stamped with distress stain three times but rather than re-inking the stamp I just spritzed with water between stampings. The result is lighter images the second and third times. I also spritzed the panel to get some of the stain to bleed into the surrounding area and painted pale green between some of the flowers. When all was dry I added some green splatter. To finish the card I matted with red to match the red die cut sentiment. To see how Jill Foster used this stamp check out the PB blog
Thanks for dropping by; I hope you’re having a great day.
Stamps: La Fleur Rouge (PB)
Creative Die: World of Wishes (PB)
Inks: Forest Moss, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Peeled Paint distress stains/markers(Ranger)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, red cardstock
Also: Winsor & Newton masking fluid
The panel pink panel on this card is one of the bits and pieces I had sitting around. When I was creating cards with the “Red Star” pointsettia stamp and distress stains I often stamped once or twice on a panel without re-inking. The distress stain pigment is intense and the liquid on the stamp is usually enough to get a few impressions. The panel on the card above would have been one of the third or fourth impressions, hence the pale watery pinks. (To see the more vibrant first and second impressions take a look at this card) I chose to embellish and mat with gold because there is a subtle gold sheen over the watercoloured panel made by spritzing with my pearl-ex interference gold spray (home made).
The gold poinsettias are cut from gold wrapping paper using the “Joyful” dies. Before cutting I applied an adhesive sheet to the back of the paper so I could easily stick the flower and stem onto the card. The effect looks a little like gilding because the paper is so much thinner than cardstock. The word ‘joy’ is also cut from the same wrapping paper.
Stamps: Red Star (PB)
Inks: Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed, Barn Door Distress Stains (Ranger)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Natural White 110lb card stock, Gold wrapping paper
Creative Dies: Joyful, World of Wishes (PB)
Also: Interference Gold Pearl-ex spray
This tall and narrow scene reminds me of a ski run, albeit a fairly narrow one! I created this on a scrap of watercolour paper already splattered with masking fluid. Once again I am not entirely sure of the inks I used but I will list what I think they were in the supply list below. I used a half inch punch to create a circle mask for the moon and masked the hills one by one as I went down the panel. After painting the sky in chipped sapphire and broken china distress stain I stamped dark blue trees onto the damp sky area to end up with very watery trees. I then moved my mask and stamped more trees then painted some diluted broken china stain around them to blur the images and extend the edge of the snow bank. I did the same for the last two tree sections. When I had finished the panel was very blue and did not have enough contrast or variety of colour so I added some brown ink to the trunks of the trees.
To finish I rubbed off the masking fluid, matted in Periwinkle mix&match cardstock and added the die cut sentiment. I think the sentiment is a bit too big for the narrow panel so I would use something smaller if I did a similar layout again.
Stamps: Prancers (PB)
Creative Dies: World of Wishes (PB)
Inks: Broken China, Chipped Sapphire distress stains & Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger)
Cardstock: Periwinkle Mix & Match (PB), Neenah Avon Brilliant white 110lb cardstock, Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper
Also: Grafix frisket film, Winsor & Newton masking fluid