Pink & Gold Poinsettias

Pink & Gold Poinsettia Heather Telford

The panel pink panel on this card is one of the bits and pieces I had sitting around. When I was creating cards with the “Red Star” pointsettia stamp and distress stains I often stamped once or twice on a panel without re-inking. The distress stain pigment is intense and the liquid on the stamp is usually enough to get a few impressions. The panel on the card above would have been one of the third or fourth impressions, hence the pale watery pinks. (To see the more vibrant first and second impressions take a look at this card) I chose to embellish and mat with gold because there is a subtle gold sheen over the watercoloured panel made by spritzing with my pearl-ex interference gold spray (home made).

inside pink & gold poinsettia Heather Telford

The gold poinsettias are cut from gold wrapping paper using the “Joyful” dies. Before cutting I applied an adhesive sheet to the back of the paper so I could easily stick the flower and stem onto the card. The effect looks a little like gilding because the paper is so much thinner than cardstock. The word ‘joy’ is also cut from the same wrapping paper.

I’ve linked to  Simon Says Christmas challenge and Virginia’s View All Things Distressed challenge.

Stamps:  Red Star (PB)
Inks: Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed, Barn Door Distress Stains (Ranger)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Natural White 110lb card stock, Gold wrapping paper
Creative Dies: Joyful, World of Wishes (PB)
Also: Interference Gold Pearl-ex spray

17 Comments on “Pink & Gold Poinsettias”

1. Maria says:

Gorgeous card Heather. Like how you done the golden poinsettias.

2. jakheath says:

Simply stunning, elegant, soft beauty.

3. nadinebd says:

so lovely!

4. bettijo519 says:

WOW – so beautiful in pink and gold!!!

This is beautiful Heather and love the effect of the pretty gold die cuts over the top of the soft pink, and then the gold also in a layer behind too. x

6. jmhave44 says:

This one is just as gorgeous as the first card – which I went back to enjoy. Love the way you’ve used the gold wrapping paper & thanks for explaining about the backing paper. Great card. TFS & Happy wkend.

7. jancastle says:

Stunning card Heather!!! I like it even better than the first card, and that was beautiful!!!! Will have to give this a try as I have them igredients….TFS!
    Ja

I love this combination of the soft watercolour panel with the gold overlay. This is beautiful!

9. Rufus says:

I think that I might like this paler version even more than the full color one and I thought that one was awfully pretty! You’re right the die cute and word do look like leafing…so pretty!

10. nise says:

Gorgeous! Love the paler colors with the vibrant gold.

11. barbcccc says:

I’ve learned so much from visiting your blog, Heather. this card is just beautiful! Thanks so much for the great job you do with the Penny black products!

12. Gabby says:

Beautiful card, Heather! I love the lighter colored poinsettias with the gold “wrap” flowers. Just beautiful. 🙂

13. Judith Dee says:

Beautiful card and a great idea to put the adhesive tape n the back before cutttin.nurse

14. Em says:

One of your cards last Holiday season was my favorite and this exquisite card I believe is going to be this year’s winner. Your work is lovely.

15. cheiron says:

The pink and gold is so elegant! Thank you so much for playing along with the Christmas/Holidays Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog with us this week 🙂

16. Carole Dion says:

I really love the softness of the pink flower. Gorgeous!

17. Your cards are always soooo amazing Heather, well done again 😉 Viv xx