It seems to be nothing but poppies on the blog at present. I can assure you that changes tomorrow as something quite unseasonal will appear!
Today I have a card inspired by one of the techniques in the Stretch Your Stamps 2 online card class. I have created watercolour patterned paper for die cutting before but I don’t think I have die-cut any embossed designs. I embossed the background stamp, Indian Wheel, watercoloured with distress stains then cut out several poppies with the “Field of Dreams” die. I also cut the sentiment from the patterned panel but it was a bit much so I decided to a cut a plain orange sentiment.
When I was photographing the top card and getting ready to post it I saw the pretty patterned sentiment and another die cut flower and decided a second card was possible. I had cut the daisy first from the patterned panel using the “Bashful” die but decided there was not enough patterned showing so switched to the poppies. It’s great when one design turns into two. The layout below is an adaption of the current Case Study Challenge #202 layout, one big flower and a sentiment strip stretching right across the card.
Stamps: Indian Wheel (Penny Black)
Inks: Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage distress stains (Ranger)
Creative Dies: Field of Dreams, Wishes, Bashful (PB)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Fall Festival mix & match paper (Penny Black), Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock.