Blooming Blue

Here is another take on the PB stamp ‘Blooming’. Last week I posted a card with a blended background, brown outline stamping and painted petals. For today’s card I stamped with distress inks which I then blended into the petals.

My original plan was to have yellow centres not brown; I guess I got distracted. After inking the petals randomly with chipped sapphire and seedless preserves I added some ground espresso ink to the centres, spritzed the stamp and stamped on hot pressed watercolour paper. With the spritz of water the inks blend a little; with a paint brush I do the rest of the blending adding more ink if needed. That top flower got more brown than I would have liked but I was still happy with the overall blends.

Finishing touches include defining the centres with the bullet tip of the distress marker and adding white dots with a gel pen. The sentiment is from the PB set ‘so thankful’. I have a few more in this little series of watercolours with PB’s large outline floral stamps so I’ll see you back here soon.

Supplies

9 Comments on “Blooming Blue”

1. nancystiz says:

This is just beautiful, Heather in those fabulous colors. Love the highlights in the petals. Also love your finishing touches on these blooms. This is so well done!

2. Paula S says:

So beautiful Heather! You are inspiring me to pull out some of my older PB stamps and use your method. You are a master of this technique Heather. Well done!

3. Jan Castle says:

Lovely flowers Heather…as always, your work is amazing!!!
    Paper Hug,
    Jan

4. Clelie says:

This just took my breath away…absolutely gorgeous!♥♥♥

This is a beautiful stamp and looks wonderful in every different colourway Heather, and your watercolouring is brilliantly done as always. x

6. Karen Jackson says:

Blooming delightful Heather!

7. the centers may not have come out like you had hoped but it is so lovely!

8. Loll says:

Amazing watercolour Heather. Love the colour combination … the brown adds so much!! xx

9. nise says:

Lovely! That is a wonderful sentiment.