Autumn Grove

As I mentioned last week; I’m a seasonal stamper which shows in today’s card. I’ve included some inspiration pics taken on a walk last weekend not far from where I live.

I stamped the PB ‘birches’ first in nocturne ink on hot pressed watercolour paper then embossed them in clear. I masked them with tape then, stamped PB ‘winter’s forest’ in Papertrey ‘cocoa bean’ and ‘dark chocolate’ ink then, while still in the stamp positioner stamped again with versamark ink so I could emboss in clear powder.

With all the trees embossed I started painting dabs of autumn toned inks around the trees and on the forest floor. The inks are listed below. Once I had the look of autumn leaves around the branches and scattered on the ground I used a white gel pen to draw back in the little birch branches I had accidentally painted over.

I stamped words from PB ‘family sentiments’ and cut them out with a speech balloon die which was exactly the right size. I matted the whole panel in brown then popped up the sentiment on a couple of pieces of cardstock.

The colours are lovely around here right now and there are still plenty of leaves on the trees. We had an enormous tree removed from our yard earlier in spring so it will be interesting to see if the leaf collecting is a little easier this year. We still have four big trees plus others over the fence daring to drop their leaves in our yard too!

Supplies

7 Comments on “Autumn Grove”

1. Patricia Rowe says:

Wow..breathtaking art.love your colors.
    Tish

2. Trish Gutuskey says:

Beautiful as always. I so admire your work and try to emulate it. Maybe someday I’ll be able to take a class or two from you. Fall is my favorite time of year with all the warm colors. Unfortunately that bad white stuff comes soon after :).

3. Janet S. says:

Looking at this first thing on a Monday morning. Wow! So beautiful and I want to take a walk in your world. Love your choice and placement of colors. Thanks for the beautiful way to start my week Heather

4. Kathy McGovern says:

Lovely, as ever. Treasure your fallen leaves and turn them into nutritious leafmould!

What a gorgeous woodland on your doorstep Heather and love your card with the birches and winter trees behind, and your wonderful autumn colours are beautifully painted. x

6. Lagene says:

WOWZERS! Gorgeous scene, it makes me want to go far a walk in the woods!!!!