Vintage tulips

vintage tulip Heather Telford

I have some more vintage style watercolour cards to share this week. Last month I posted a video tutorial showing a method for creating a vintage look with brown dye ink and watercolour pencils. I have created a few more cards along the same lines dreamed up some variations as well. To see the original card and video tutorial click here.

vintage tulip 2 Heather Telford

For this tulip card I used almost the same method as shown in the video but left out the elegant writer pen (as I did in this butterfly card). I stamped the original tulip images in vintage photo distress ink then blended the ink in the outline stamping with colour from both pink and brown watercolour pencils. I painted some distress stain around the edges of the watercolour panel and splattered some as well.

Vintage tulip closeup Heather Telford

Thanks for dropping in; I hope you’ll come back each day this week for more vintage style designs.

Stamps: Flower Gala , Soar (PB)
Inks:  Vintage Photo distress ink,Vintage Photo distress stain (Ranger)
Cardstock: Hot pressed Fabriano watercolour paper, brown cardstock, coral cardstock
Also:  Albrecht Durer watercolor medium flesh, VanDyke pencils (Faber-Castell)

14 Comments on “Vintage tulips”

1. Judith says:

Love the vintage look. There are so many fun things to check out in the art world! Glad you shared this.

2. Marianne says:

Another beautiful vintage cards, Heather. Thanks for the inspiration. You really make me want to try this.

These tulips are so pretty Heather and the vintage look suits them really well. x

4. cherylquilts says:

Oh, Heather, I just LOVE this vintage technique and have to try it. I’ve pinned several of your cards now with it and hope this week I can try one! Love it so much! Big hugs, and thanks for sharing it and doing the video!

5. Chris R. says:

Absolutely beautiful!! Love this vintage look! What kind of water brush do you use?

• Heather says:

Hi Chris, I used either a Tprime waterbrush which sometimes comes with Faber Castell products or a Pentel aqua brush – small. Glad you liked the card.

• Chris R. says:

Thank you so much for the information. Absolutely love all your vintage watercolor cards this week.

6. Sharon Madson says:

Love your vintage watercolor! Thank you again for the tutorial!

So very pretty! Brown is one of my least-used tones, yet it works so well here.

8. barbara lassiter says:

Lovely card and I want to try this technique again. The first card I made turned out well and I have several PB stamps that will be perfect for the technique. Thanks for the videos! 🙂

9. […] side. You can find my earlier ‘vintage watercolour’ cards here:birdhouse, butterflies, tulips, jubilance, […]

10. This is absolutely gorgeous!