Poppy Gems 3

Poppy Gems 3 Heather Telford

This is the third of my Poppy Gems cards; each design has been a little ‘cleaner’ than the last. The main difference on today’s card is the clean white background behind the orange blooms. I have stuck with the same layout each time which incorporates almost the whole large stamp.  I think there is scope to mix it up for my next Poppy Gems offering.

Poppy gems 3 side view Heather Telford

I stamped the whole image in Vintage photo distress ink which blends really easily with water or stains giving a slightly brown tone to all the added colour. I used the stains listed below to paint the flowers and leaves and added some elegant writer pen in the flower centres and on the veins of the leaves. Once again I added water to the elegant writer to get it to bleed and add some extra tones to the images.

Stamps: Poppy gems, Special Thoughts (PB)
Inks:  Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko) Vintage photo distress ink, Ripe persimmon, Mowed Lawn,  Mustard seed and Vintage photo distress stains (Ranger)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, brown cardstock

10 Comments on “Poppy Gems 3”

This is gorgeous Heather and using the brown to stamp with has certainly added that vintage look to your wonderful watercolouring. This PB stamp is a definite winner for me! x

2. creatingincolors says:

What beautiful watercoloring!

3. Barb Chmura says:

I love the color of the poppies! Beautiful card, Heather.

4. Orla Bolton says:

I just love your work, Heather! Another beautiful card, highlighting your artistic talents. As a Canadian living on the West Coast, I’m envious of those back East that are able to take a course with you. If I’m ever in the Ottawa area, I’ll definitely try to take advantage of a course with you.

5. Darlene L says:

I am just in awe. These poppies just make such beautiful cards.

I do like the clean background, letting these pretty flowers really shine.

7. memalagene says:

Absolutely Gorgeous!

8. Ellie Knol says:

wowy, wowy, wowy!!!

9. earlybird1 says:

Heather, you are a master at controlling watercolor and watered down inks. You always manage to get them to bleed together in the perfect way, but not go into areas that you don’t want them to go. I shall call you the Ink Whisperer from now on. Every time I visit your blog, your work just blows me away!