Collage of Wishes Watercolour Video Tutorial

Collage of Wishes Heather Telford

I hope you visited the Penny Black blog last week to enjoy a week of inspiration from our talented designer Jill Foster. This week I hope to inspire you with my projects featuring products from the new collection Sunshine and SmilesToday’s project comes with a video tutorial. I know, unprecedented for me to have a video for you two weeks in a row! Last week I shared my technique for watercolouring with distress stains. Today I have a more traditional ‘keep within the lines’ approach using watercolour paints. The video is long so perhaps you should get a cup of coffee or tea and settle in. I have used the new slapstick cling set ‘Collage of Wishes’ and the pretty flourish die.

collage of wishes close up Heather Telford

Supplies

Stamps: Collage of Wishes (PB)
Creative Dies: Flourish (PB)
Inks: Versafine Smokey Gray (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper,  Kazazz cardstock discontinued
Also:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils, Stick it adhesive sheet

12 Comments on “Collage of Wishes Watercolour Video Tutorial”

This is gorgeous Heather and I have just looked at your video tutorial which is lovely to watch and so informative. I love these Gamsai Tambi watercolours and they are definitely on my wish list. The colours are beautiful and the flourish cut and placed round the image is a wonderful finishing touch. x

2. ar0se4u2 says:

Beautiful. These watercolors are on my wishlist. I love how the flourish curls around the edge of your image. Thank you for sharing your talent.

3. Helen says:

A great video – thank you.

4. CherylQuilts says:

Dear Heather, this is gorgeous, and your watercoloring is beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to do this video. It’s so helpful, and this image is gorgeous, along with the beautiful flourish die! Hugs!

5. Neha Bhatt says:

Colouring is so beautifully done…giving so much depth to the image. These colours are on top of my looooong wishlist. Thanks for the video.

6. jmhave44 says:

This is just magnificently done. Appreciated all the detail that you added in this video. (Some go so fast you have to keep rewinding to catch what is done). Definitely was NOT boring…but it was good that you speeded up where you did. Great editing as well as wonderful coloring. I have yet to use my Kuretake colors, but they certainly worked well for you. Are you allowed to say the brush company – since you mentioned keeping a pointed tip. Wondered if it was an ‘artist’ quality brand or one that a crafter would purchase. Loved this video, and how good of you to take all the time that must have been required to make it so in depth. Thanks so much. It’s very helpful.

7. Liz in NH says:

Thank you, Heather, for going to all the trouble to film and beautifully edit your beautiful techniques. Not boring at all, in fact, quite relaxing after a hectic day,and perfect for just before bed! I’ll watch it again, too, when I want to chill. I like how you can blend right on the work,

8. Jan Castle says:

Stunning work Heather! Thank you for the tutorial!!!!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

9. Bobby says:

I loved watching you paint. I don’t have those watercolors but can use your techniques with my Inktense pencils or Distress Inks. Thanks for making such a detailed video.

10. Sharie W says:

Absolutely stunning! Great instructions on your video too thanks so much!

This is so pretty! Beautiful framed image, and of course wonderfully painted.

12. Ann says:

Thank you so much for this tutorial – it was a long video, but I couldn’t tear myself away even if I’d wanted to – I didn’t want to miss a thing! A beautiful image, so detailed but all the advice, tips and teaching you gave has made me feel I could give something like this a try! So thank you so much!