Double Holly

Double holly Heather Telford

For the next little while at least I will be jumping between Christmas designs, autumn designs and last days of summer designs. I think some of you found the autumn theme of my last card a little much while it is still officially summer. I totally agree; I always hold onto summer as long as I can. I’m happy if I can wear shorts and summer dresses right through September!

Having said that here is another Christmas card. I created a little holly panel by stamping the “Happy Holly” stamp on damp watercolour paper. I inked the stamp with Memento markers then spritzed it and the paper before stamping. The ink bled into the paper straight away and I spread it even further with a water brush. When it was dry I restamped the holly image and painted the leaves and berries with ink from Memento ink pads. To finish I matted the panel in red, added a sentiment and popped it up over some holly die cuts. An adhesive sheet from Scrapbook Adhesives made it much easier to attach the die cut.

Stamps: Happy Holly, Joy Filled (PB)
Creative Dies:  Holly Berries
Inks: Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Cottage Ivy inks & markers ( Imagine Craft/Tsukineko)
Also: 4×6 Adhesive Sheets (Scrapbook Adhesives)
Cardstock: Neenah Classic Crest Avon Brilliant White 110lb smooth Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper

9 Comments on “Double Holly”

1. chrissieann says:

Gorgeous Heather, I must try this watercolour technique, I love the effect!
    Chrissie xx

2. Pam B says:

Really beautiful, Heather!

3. Love Christmas cards! Love your watercolor technique! And this last sample is fabulous! Thank you so much for your inspiration!

4. bettijo519 says:

gorgeous card, Heather!!

5. Vicki B says:

Love this card! I was already planning to get the holly berry die but after seeing your card I’m going to add the stamp that you used. It’s great that you share how you do your cards! Oh, and I took your tip about using the adhesive sheets to transfer die cuts……I have those sheets on order already. You are an enabler….in a good way.

6. jillianfoster82 says:

Great instructions for a fabulous card! Congrats on the Penny Black facebook mention! 🙂

7. canadiancaroline says:

Just lovely, Heather! It’s NEVER too early for Christmas cards, and this is a beauty! I like your double-stamping technique.

Sigh, it has not been much of a summer for shorts, has it?
    I really like the white-on-white die cuts behind the gorgeous watercolour panel.

9. jmhave44 says:

It’s just purely stunning – love the watercolor bleeding on the background, with the crisper image over that. Pretty to have this panel placed over the embossed holly too. Just a beautiful card. TFS