Leaves and watercolour

Leaves with distress stains Heather Telford

Same stamp as yesterday but a totally different look. I built this panel in layers starting with the background canvas stamp in antique linen.  After stamping that four times across the panel I inked the letter background stamp with spiced marmalade, spritzed with water and stamped on the left hand side.  I stamped the leaf stamp, Wondrous, several times in vintage photo distress stain which bled nicely into the canvas stamping. For painting inside the leaves I used distress stains, barn door and spiced marmalade, varying the intensity by diluting the with water. As this point I was fairly happy with the panel but realised that a bit of contrasting colour would lift the design so I added some blue shadow to the side of some of the leaves.  I trimmed the panel and picked out some paper to create a border then had to decide how to add a sentiment. The cute little note page stamp from Life’s Journals in the same broken china stain that I had used for shadowing fitted on the corner and provided a background for the ‘Thanks’  stamp in vintage photo ink.

So there you are, two very different looks with the same “Wondrous” stamp. Thanks for dropping by.

Stamps: Wondrous, Letter Background, Life’s Journals, Textures, Hot Rod (PB)
Inks: Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo distress inks & Barn Door, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo Distess stains (Ranger)
Cardstock: Neenah Natural White 110lb, PB Fall Festival mix & match paper, Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper

6 Comments on “Leaves and watercolour”

1. ar0se4u2 says:

Looks like you are ready for the leaves to start changing colors. I love it 🙂

2. bettijo519 says:

your card is gorgeous and thank you for always explaining the techniques you use.

Other than being far too autumnal, this is a beautiful card. Great that you explained the way you built up the background layers as well as the main image and sentiment.

4. Rufus says:

Gorgeous! I have to agree with everyone else, I appreciate that you always tell us how you created the look. A video would be fantastic! Thanks for sharing your talent.
    R/

5. jmhave44 says:

I run out of superlatives. Will just say another gorgeous beauty. Love the autumn tones. TFS & Happy wkend.

6. Greta H says:

Absolutely stunning card, Heather! The stamp under the sentiment is such a great element I never would have thought to do! You always inspire me!