Ten TulipsPosted: May 18, 2014 | |
The Tulip Festival finishes tomorrow so I am glad I can slip one more tulip card in before the end. I worked on this one latish last night and all did not go according to plan. I stamped the tulips first on watercolour paper and they were fine. It was in the finishing off that I had problems. But I will go back to the beginning and explain my process.
I began by inking just the flower heads in Memento Dandelion and Cantaloupe using markers. I spritzed before stamping them at the top of the panel. I stamped just the tulip heads twice, one set under the other and the third time inked the stems and leaves as well. I was happy with the whole panel even the bit that is now covered by a large sentiment banner. I matted with Olive card stock and decided to attach the three strips of lace; I am still not sure if I like the lace there but I decided to stick with it. The panel is long and thin as you can see so it was difficult to work out where to put a sentiment on a 4.25×5.5 inch card base. I tried a sideways sentiment or a small sentiment beside the lace but neither looked right. Anyway, to make a long story a little shorter I stamped the sentiment on the tulips, messed it up and had to either cover the mess or crop the panel. I decided to cover it with a die cut banner and make a very narrow card so the points of the banner could go over the edge.
Stamps: Promise Me, Tweet Wishes (PB)
Inks: Memento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves & Olive Grove markers (Tsukineko)
Creative Dies: Triple Banner
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Classic Crest Avon Brilliant White 110lb smooth, Penny Black Olive Grove Mix & Match Papers
Also: Crochet Trim ribbon (May Arts Ribbon)