Friendship Flowers

Watercolour wheelbarrow Heather Telford

This little scene was built in layers, some of which you will need to take my word for as they are no longer obvious. I taped the watercolour panel down with painters tape to begin and you can see that I kept a very narrow border around the picture panel when I cropped it later.

The first step was sponging memento new sprout ink through the promenade stencil ( you can just see it ). Next I wet the whole panel and stamped the verdant wood mounted stamp in memento olive grove several times. The ink bled and faded. At this point I had to decide on a feature image; I picked the little wheel barrow of flowers from the new Friendship Flowers transparent set.  I inked only the wheel barrow in memento London fog, spritzed it and stamped on the panel. I then used watercolour pencils to add colour and shading to the barrow. I inked up the rest of the stamp (flowers) in memento rhubarb stalk and love letter, spritzed it and stamped onto the panel. I used red and green watercolour pencils to fill in the flowers, stems and leaves. I framed the scene using the flourish stamp from the Twirls set stamped in London Fog and coloured with the same red and green pencils. I drew a border around the edge with the green pencil and blended from the edge inwards with water. Finally I added the sentiment and matted the picture on green stamped with the Twirls flourish stamp.

Stamps:  Verdant Friendship FlowersTwirls (PB)
Inks: Memento London Fog, New Sprout, Olive Grove, Rhubarb Stalk, Love Letter (Tsukineko)
Pencils: Albrecht Durer Watercolour pencils Pale Geranium Lake 121, Light Grey 195, Medium Grey 197, Black 199, Pine Green 267 (Faber Castell)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100%  cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb smooth, PB Mix & Match Spring Meadow Paper

11 Comments on “Friendship Flowers”

1. ednamburgess says:

Very nice. Love the way you did this card. The wheelbarrow full of flowers is so pretty.
    Edna

What a perfect scene! Beautiful.

3. Janet Castle says:

Lovely project Heather…love the wheelbarrow with the flowers!!!
    Jan

4. Gabby says:

BEAUTIFUL card, Heather! Your coloring is just amazing. The scenes you create with your stamps are always so lovely. 🙂

5. happycrafter says:

I just love this one, it is my favorite since you started water color cards. I wish I could try and make one like it but it would cost me a fortune to buy the materials, lol. I don’t have any of the stamps or the inks. Thank you so muuch for thaking th time to share you beautiful cards.

hugs from France, Joanne

6. lesliekmiller says:

Oh, my goodness, this is unbelievably pretty! You do amazing things with those PB stamps. I love what you’ve done with the wheelbarrow image, but that border, as well, is just a dream!

7. Cath T says:

Beautiful techniques. Thanks for the tutorial.

8. Kim Smith says:

Beautiful!

9. Cathy R says:

Beautiful card, love the watercolour effect. Thanks for explaining how you did it, Cathy x

10. mustavcoffee says:

I’m really enjoying your water colour phase Heather, so many beauties to choose from 😀 x