Jubilant

Jubilant Heather Telford

I think this is the first time this gorgeous stamp has appeared on my blog. I inked it up ages ago and had the simple dark brown image sitting around waiting for further inspiration. Because I inked the stamp with distress stain the ink pooled in some areas of the stamp more than others. I really like the effect of darker and lighter tones along with thicker and thinner lines so initially I didn’t want to add colour to the image. I eventually decided to colour a few flowers, cut them out and pop them up. I have said before I am not a fussy cutter, these three relatively simple blooms were enough for me.  As if the fussy cutting wasn’t enough of a surprise I also decided to add half pearls which I coloured to match with an alcohol marker!

Jubilant detail Heather Telford

Stamps: Jubilant, Every Happiness (PB)
Inks: Memento Espresso Truffle Marker (Tsukineko) Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord Distress Stains (Ranger) Brown Marker TN8 (Spectrum Noir)
Cardstock: Fabriano 25% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Sticks & Stones Mix & Match Paper
Also: Keepsakes Memories half pearls

14 Comments on “Jubilant”

1. Bettina 2 says:

Its a wonderful Idea, just to color the flowers and the butterfly and to pop them up. Perhaps I would set some more half pearls on the flower on the top left.

2. ar0se4u2 says:

I love this, it is spot on. Not too much color and the pop of interest, makes it perfect.

3. Vicki B says:

That is such a unique look and a real WOW card!!!

4. Karen Petitt says:

Absolutely gorgeous, looks so very lush, thank you for sharing

Pearls and fussy-cutting? I’d wonder what was going on; but the overall look still has your classic touch, Heather — a beautiful card.

6. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Heather, this is stunning! I love the colors, and the popped blossoms are fabulous with the pearls! And the CAS with the wonderful matting…all so exquisite! Hugs!

7. Mary H says:

Definitely gorgeous. Love the golden color, and agree with you, fussy cutting is not something I enjoy either. You did a fab job on this one. Neat idea to color your matching pearls.

8. Joyce M. says:

This is just gorgeous–beautifully stamped and colored.

9. nise says:

Beautiful! So glad you took a step out of your comfort zone and cut it out and added those pearls. Makes your coloring even prettier.

10. Beverly Railey Robinson says:

I agree with Lindsey. 🙂

11. Paulette S says:

It’s not your usual, but I love it, the tone on tone is nice. I know you will agree, some things just have to tell you how they want to be painted. I feel that way about furniture. And people look at me, like I’m a bit crazy when I say that. As crafters, we can all see the potential in something to be fun or great, but sometimes I need to mull it over a while before I know what to do. The world is our oyster and deciding is hard. And when you know, you know. LOL

12. Greta H says:

Wow–this is just gorgeous, Heather!

13. Deepti says:

This is so stunning!! love the colors

14. lesliekmiller says:

Well, it certainly came out beautiful! I like the effect of coloring the blooms and leaving the rest uncolored. The pearls are a fabulous touch!