Moonlit snowfallPosted: December 11, 2013
The Winter Wonderland fun continues here and on the Penny Black Blog today with a step by step tutorial.
1. With a toothbrush or paint brush flick masking fluid over panel. Leave to dry for at least 20 minutes. I you use a paintbrush dip it in detergent and squeeze the detergent out before dipping the brush in the masking fluid. Wash the brush straight away after you have finished flicking.
2. Punch a circle from a post-it note or masking paper and position in the sky. Cut a hill shaped mask and position it half way down the panel. Using a rubber brayer apply pink ink to sky area.
3. Brayer blue ink over the sky area.
5. Stamp trees randomly with grey ink before moving either mask. These trees are in the background and do not need to be well defined.
6. At this point remove the circle mask to expose the moon (I forgot to do that in the tutorial photo and had to stamp a couple of twigs in later!) Lower the hill mask and sponge blue ink along the edge and on the exposed snow bank but stop short of the horizon in order to keep it crisp and white.
7. Stamp two more trees in grey. (remember the moon mask should have been removed before this point)