Berries in Snow

banner

The snowscapes continue today and tomorrow on the Penny Black blog. Today’s card is the only one this week that does not feature “masking fluid snow”. This is the kind of scene you might see when the snow has stopped falling and the sun shines on the crisp white world.

Berries red and green

To create this snowscape I first stamped the Christmas Reds & Greens stamp with versamark taking care to put a stamp positioner in place before I lifted it. I then inked the same stamp with dark green pigment ink, moved the stamp positioner slightly down and to the right and stamped again. I repeated the double stamping in the opposite corner and then embossed all in clear powder. The double stamping is a technique I use to make a thin layer of snow appear on a branch or tree. (I have a tutorial showing the steps of the technique here)

Next I positioned a circle mask and a hill mask, both cut from post-it notes, and then sponged the sky in blue dye ink. I cut another hill mask, positioned it lower and then repeated the sponging. I moved the mask and sponged two more times to create all the snow banks. When I removed the circle mask I positioned the negative circle mask so I could sponge some yellow to create a sun. To make a shadow I cut a mask using the co-ordinating Creative Die, Dancing Leaves then sponged through it below the stamping. The berries were painted on at the end.

Stamps: Christmas Reds and Greens , Yuletide Greetings (PB)
Creative Dies: Dancing Leaves
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Dandelion & Versafine Northern Pine, Satin Red & Versamark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Mix & Match papers Fall Festival and Spring meadow

7 Comments on “Berries in Snow”

1. Gabby says:

Pretty card! The snowy hills are beautiful, likewise the silhouettes and shadow look amazing. 🙂

2. Claude TECHER says:

beautiful ! splendid !
    I am fan of your cards !

3. Joan B says:

Wow, this is ridiculously gorgeous!!! 🙂

4. Donna says:

Beautiful, I love the simplicity but with nice detail. Happy Holiday to you and your family.

5. Virginia Lu says:

It’s amazing how the entire card was stamped and embossed with layers and textures! It’s absolutely flawless!You are a truly a master, Heather! Thanks SO much for stopping by my blog today. It means a lot to me! Waving hi from Waterloo!

This was our day today… sunny, clear and COLD! The double mat really brings out the colours of the branches. Beautiful!

7. […] I’ll direct you to any helpful instructions. This card was the precursor to this card: Berries in Snow. This one is a simpler design and the snowbank masks were torn not […]