Very Merry

Very Merry Heather Telford

As we approach Christmas Day I will share the last of the cards I created to give away this year. I don’t plan to go into detail about techniques this week but will link to cards created in a similar way so you can read those instructions if you are interested. I will list below the supplies used I used to create each card. The technique for today’s feathered and blended tree scene is explained here.

We hosted a cello recital at our home yesterday for a friend so that gave me a deadline to have our tree decorated and the window hung with lights and greenery. My daughter and I did some baking but there is more to come. I always make gingerbread so that is one of the next tasks on my list. I like making it but you can probably guess that it’s the decorating I enjoy most. For years we made gingerbread houses or structures but I think it will just be cookies this year. (you can see what my children and their friends have built in past years on my other blog)

Santa is dropping off a guest from Australia on his way through Ottawa very early Christmas morning so there is still some cleaning and organizing to get her room ready.

Stamps:  Peace & Harmony (PB)
Dies: A Very Merry (PB)
Paint: Brusho
Inks:  memento Olive Grove, Cottage Ivy (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, green cardstock
Also: masking fluid

9 Comments on “Very Merry”

1. Elizabeth says:

I absolutely love your watercolor stamped cards. I am inspired and ordered PB stamps so I can try your techniques. Happy holidays.

2. carol / creatingincolors says:

I sure have enjoyed your series of Christmas and Winter cards. And now I see your wonderful talent for building with gingerbread. What wonderful memories your family surely has from this tradition over the years. It sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday season filled with family and friends. My best to you for a Merry Christmas.

3. Bonnie says:

This is such a lovely scene, Heather! Loved looking at your gingerbreads! What fun! Our 2 youngest grandchildren put their hands to rolling, cutting and decorating gingerbread cookies yesterday. They had such a good time! Nothing as lovely and intricate as your projects, but they were pretty pleased with themselves. What a joy to watch! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

• Heather says:

Thank you Bonnie, I’m glad you like this one; I wondered if it had got too watery! Thank you so much for the lovely card you sent; it is so elegant and looks lovely on my window ledge.

4. memalagene says:

Beautiful card, sounds like your days are full of hustle and bustle!

5. Miranda says:

Hi Heather, it’s been a while…that I have commented….always watching your lovely creations but not the time to comment on all……beautiful watercolor scene and love your video tutorial of it, thanks for sharing! Have lovely days and a wonderful 2016!

This is yet another gorgeous watercolour creation Heather and such pretty colours too. You always do this so well. x