All is calm under a brusho sky

Brusho Silent Night Heather Telford

I have painted quite a few expansive coloured skies lately. On Saturday I taught the last of my Merry & Bright class which included a bister night sky over a die cut tiny town. As I demonstrated the technique all of my skies were different and class participants also created unique and beautiful skies. Today’s card is similar in layout to the class card but instead of bister I used brusho and instead of die cutting I painted the little street with the help of a stamp from the ‘Gleeful’ set. I stamped the town first in versafine vintage sepia then added brusho and water to the sky area. I didn’t need to use much because the powder is so potent. I blended the blue and green with a brush and painted right up to the roof tops then let it dry. I used brown, blue, green and yellow brusho to paint the buildings and trees then finished the foreground with black brusho which separates into several colours. I added a tiny sentiment in versafine onyx black, removed the masking fluid to reveal stars then matted with a couple of co-ordinating colours.

Thanks for dropping by; I hope you have a great week.

Stamps: Gleeful, Holiday Snippets (PB)
Mediums:  Brusho powders, Versafine Onyx Black ink
Cardstock: Hotpressed Canson watercolour paper, Neenah avon brilliant white, brown and teal cardstock

11 Comments on “All is calm under a brusho sky”

1. Ingrid says:

Stunning! I just love how intense those colors are. Can’t wait to play with my colorbursts….arriving this week! Wish I could come to class!! 🙂 The ground is my favourite. …love the mystical colors it became. 🙂

2. thepaperbaker says:

Beautiful night sky! Fabulous Card 😀

How sweet and pretty and the colours are beautiful Heather and I love the way they move and merge. x

4. Bahb says:

Thanks for inspiring me to give my Brushos another chance. This is the best Brusho card I’ve ever seen. Just LOVE it!

What a sweet little town! Looks so welcoming under the gorgeous night sky.

6. cherylquilts says:

Oh, Heather, you make magic with the Brusho powders! This is a gorgeous sky, and what a perfect Christmas card…I love the little town you’ve created…it’s gorgeous and so amazing! What a fabulous card! Hugs!

7. Bonnie says:

A beautiful scene, Heather! Such a richly colored sky and I love the painted buildings!

8. Your skies have really been magnificent, Heather, and you’ve transformed them into gorgeous cards! If we truly had skies like that all the time, none of us would ever sleep!! Hugs, Darnell

9. canadiancaroline says:

This is LOVELY! The little glowing village is even more charming than the one in class.

10. Susie Williams says:

Heather this is incredible. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent. Ohhhh I could sit here all evening and look at this.