Charming in blue

Charming in blue Heather Telford

I made this card quite a while ago so I am not able to tell you which watercolour pencils I used but I can outline my process for you. I inked the “Charming” stamp using memento markers which make it easy to ink the flowers, leaves and stems in different colours. I used a blue, a green and a yellow watercolour pencil to colour in the leaves and flowers blending afterward with a waterbrush . I ran the blue pencil around the perimeter of the panel and blended the colour in to create a spft edge. I also picked up colour from a pale blue pencil to fill in the background. Some of the pale blue blended with the  the stamped ink which created little water colour bleeds that I quite like. I sponged a bit of yellow ink in the top corner to suggest sunlight and added the sentiment and mat.

Thank you for all your encouraging comments; I enjoy reading them all and try to respond to the questions as soon as I can. I have also been taking note of requests for tutorials, so hopefully there will be a new one soon!

Take care.

Stamps:  Charming, Truly Great (PB)
Inks:  Memento Paris Dusk, Cottage Ivy, Dandelion (Tsukineko)
Pencils: Albrecht Durer Watercolour pencils  (Faber Castell)
Paper: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb smooth, PB Mix & Match Periwinkle Paper

7 Comments on “Charming in blue”

1. Janet Castle says:

Charming is just the right word for your creation Heather. TFS
    Jan

2. betty holmberg says:

All your cards are wonderful.

3. jmhave44 says:

Love the effect you’ve achieved on this one. That mottled, faint background with these airy flowers is so pretty. We’ll be looking forward to your tutorial, when you have time. TFS & Hugs. Also thanks for your recent visit and sweet comment.

This is so pretty! I like the sponged yellow in the corner to add a little *sunshine*. Now for some sunshine in real life! 😉

5. This is just so lovely, Heather … what gorgeous colours and such a soft, whispy feel! Anita 🙂

6. Dahlene says:

Reblogged this on Simply Thoughtful and commented:
    I love the colors that was used for this card, just in time for spring.

7. lesliekmiller says:

Pretty! I love the flowers, and you’re making me very curious about those Memento markers.