Flowers under the sea?

Floral tapestry in blues2 Heather Telford

Even though these stamped panels are small they are from a much larger background stamp, Floral Tapestry from the new Bloom release. I used some distress stains on the whole stamp to create a panel (to be seen another day) then, because there was still plenty of stain on the stamp, spritzed it with water and stamped it again. These watery images are the result. When I look at the feathery plant it reminds me of a seaweed and, of course the colours are also nautical, so it could almost be an under sea scene.

I think I might have a new favourite ink colour. Chipped Sapphire distress stain is the dark blue in these panels and it is quite lovely. Expect to see more of it! The colours happen to be three of the colour choices for the current Mod Squad Challenge so I will link it up over there.

Thanks for dropping by.

floral tapestry in blues Heather Telford

Stamps: Floral TapestryIn my Thoughts Special Wishes (PB)
Inks: Versafine Majestic Blue (Tsukineko) Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough, Broken China Distress Stains (Ranger)
Cardstock: Classic Crest Solar White 110lb smooth ( Neenah)
Also: Purple hemp twine

12 Comments on “Flowers under the sea?”

1. jmhave44 says:

Oh my – I get to leave the 1st comment. That doesn’t happen very often! This is just lovely Heather. Both of these are super looks. Indeed the plant does look like floating sea plants, and the pretty flowers remind me of ‘things’ floating around under the surface. Love the way you got 2 cards from one inking. TFS & Happy Easter.

2. Gabby says:

Nice cards, Heather! I like the “sea” colors and effects. I was especially drawn to the mix w/darker colors in the Thank You card. Easter Blessings to you and you family. 🙂

3. Em says:

I really like the effect you got from the second stamping. I have some distress stains and have not figured how to use them as they are so juicy. I will try this. Thank you.

4. ar0se4u2 says:

I too like the second card but I’m wondering if it’s because of the twine? giving the card that extra detail drawing the eye in. I always look forward to your posts. 🙂

5. Lynne K says:

Beautiful cards, Heather. Such lovely colours and pretty designs.

Lynne

6. l\ says:

Ooh, these are gorgeous! Love the blues and that quasi-undersea look. Happy Easter! Hope it is finally springlike there — are the tulips starting yet?

7. Florence says:

These are stunning Heather. Wonderful effect.
    Happy Easter.
    Florence

8. Both these are fabulous! This technique really does give a lovely effect – I must give it a try! xx

9. cat says:

wow! What a stunning background! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge on the Mod Squad Blog this week!

10. Donna Phelan says:

Saw your card on the Mod Squad Blog….it is GORGEOUS!!! 🙂

11. lesliekmiller says:

Beautiful! And I see what you mean about under the sea. Even the wavy sentiment on the first card goes with the flow. Wonderful twice!

12. […] I recently created these two cards I was so taken with Chipped Sapphire distress stain and the Floral Tapestry stamp I kept it out on […]