CAS(E) this sketch #70

CASE this sketch 70 Heather Telford

Playing along with CAS(E) this sketch is getting to be a habit but I am not just playing along this week; I am privileged to be the guest designer for sketch #70

CTS_Sketch_70

Seems like this sketch was made just for me. You won’t have to look far through my blog before you spy one or two layouts along the same lines. I pulled out an old favourite from my stamp collection and paired it with my new favourite technique, flicking watercolour paint! I stamped the Queen Anne’s Lace first in a mix of Memento Cottage Ivy ink and Peeled Paint Distress stain. Next I positioned post-it notes as masks to create the central square and flicked colour from three different watercolour pencils with a water brush. Finally I removed the masks and added the sentiment.

Make sure you visit the CAS(E) this sketch challenge blog to see all the wonderful creations from the design team.

Stamps: Queen Anne’s LaceWishes (PB)
Inks: Memento Cottage Ivy (Tsukineko) & Peeled Paint Distress Stain (Ranger)
Pencils: Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils (Faber-Castell)
Cardstock: Fabriano Hot pressed 25%cotton watercolour paper

11 Comments on “CAS(E) this sketch #70”

1. Dawna says:

My goodness, this is gorgeous! Looking thru my “I want to CASE this” Pinned board, I realize a huge percent of the cards in there are YOURS! Keep them coming! 😉

2. donna mikasa says:

So exciting to have you guesting with us, Heather! You create such beautiful CAS cards and this one is no exception. It’s genius!

3. Janet Castle says:

Love the look Heather…I am going to give this a try as I have the stamp. TFS!!!
    Jan

4. Lisa says:

I love this. It is so simply and yet so complex. The colors are terrific and put my in the mood to try something different.

5. Lynette says:

I love all of your cards, but this one I REALLY love! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your beautiful works of art.

6. Angela Maine says:

What a wonderful work of art, Heather! Thank you for all your inspiring creations!

7. Julie Bowman says:

Heather – this just took my breath away when I opened up your blog. I love visiting your blog. So much inspiration and such beautiful cards. Is the Queen Anne’s Lace one stamp? Are the “weeds” on the bottom a separate stamp? And, it looks like the Queen Anne’s Lace is no longer available at PB? Thanks.

• Heather says:

Hi Julie,
      The Queen Anne’s Lace is one stamp but it is an “oldie” so it might not be available any more. The “weeds” on the bottom are not a stamp at all; I created them by flicking a lot of colour from watercolour pencils onto the panel.

8. Sandie says:

I love this take on the sketch and it inspired me to have a go!

9. Leigh Penner says:

Congratulations on guest designing for CAS(E) This Sketch! Your card is fabulous! Beautiful take on the sketch!

10. lesliekmiller says:

Oh, yes, the whole clean and simple concept of these sketches is perfect for you. Love this in all its beautiful watercolory green!