Pansy Bouquet

Pansy birthday Heather Telford

Today I am featuring yet another beautiful botanical stamp from the new Happy Everything collection. To create this panel I stamped the leafy border stamp from the Twirls set as background. I inked the pansy bouquet with markers, stamped it, then spritzed with water. Using a waterbrush and memento inks stamped on an acrylic block as a palette I filled in the pansies and leaves. When the panel was almost dry I added yellow centres with a marker. I splattered some light blue and green colour from watercolour pencils to complete the panel.

Readers in the Ottawa area might be interested to know I am offering some classes in March. You can view the projects and register on my new Classes page.

Stamps:  Pansy Bouquet Special Wishes, Twirls (PB)
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Elderberry, Summer Sky (Tsukineko)
Pencils:  Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils Moss green 168, Light Blue 147 (Faber-Castell)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Penny Black mix & match Spring Meadows paper

15 Comments on “Pansy Bouquet”

1. Paukine says:

How beautiful

2. Simply…yeah right!!!! I have seen some beautiful work of yours in the past but I have to say this has to be my favourite, and I don’t say that lightly. How I wish, at time like this, I lived in Ottawa! If ever you are in Brittany…just let me know! When God blesses someone with a skill, He delights in the sharing of that skill. He delights in you. Thanks for sharing!

Pansies are a long-time favourite, and they look beautiful here, Heather. 🙂

4. Beverly Railey Robinson says:

As the snow continues to fall here in West Virginia, I’m so happy to see your pansies. Thanks, as always, for sharing your techniques. That’s a lovely card.

5. jmhave44 says:

Fantastic look with a beautiful stamp. TFS & explaining how-to-s. Hugs

6. Janet Castle says:

Have had my eye on this stamp…you did a beautiful job Heather!!!
    Jan

7. lesliekmiller says:

A beautiful image with such a lovely stamp and subtle background. A class with you would be wonderful!

8. Gabby says:

Love the beautiful, rich color. Lovely card! 🙂

9. Linda says:

Thank you so much for telling us your technique. Many times I wish I could attempt a technique but have no idea where to start. Great job-you have such a talent.

10. Penny Nichols says:

OMG! This is so gorgeous! Your watercolors are so amazing! They are such fabulous works of art!

11. Lee-Anne says:

Love the deep, rich color of your pansies against the soft background…so beautiful, Heather!

12. Deepti says:

Oh my my this is so so so stunning love it !!

13. I would love to have this on my wall! The subtle background and the colouring are stunning! Oh how I wish I could come to your class!

14. Jill says: