Blue Scene

tree silhouette

I have another new stamp from the Take Flight catalog to showcase today. This is my kind of stamp as you know, I love silhouettes and I love trees and branches. I fiddled around with the orientation of this stamp for a while before settling on the branches pointing up. You could just as easily point them down or sideways.

To create the panel I sponged a pink and pale blue sky, masked it and sponged a darker blue, masked again and sponged the darkest blue at the base. The stamp has its own border so I just trimmed the panel a little outside the border of the stamp and popped it up.

The fun continues with inspiration galore on the Penny Black Blog. They are eight days into the 20 consecutive days of inspiration, featuring stamps from the Take Flight catalog!  The  designers and contributors have LOTS in store for you.  And since they’re featuring 20 days of inspiration, they’re also giving away 20 NEW stamps to one lucky reader.

Stamps: Facebook Friends, Every Happiness PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Angel Pink, Bahama Blue, Paris Dusk & Versafine Onyx Black  (Tsukineko)

23 Comments on “Blue Scene”

1. Michele Check says:

Very nice, what a serene feeling from this piece of art.

2. Char says:

This is just beautiful, as are all of your cards. I am such a huge fan. How clever and considerate of the company to put a border on this stamp.

3. Lovely Heather..I am such a fan of your work.. I love this card, great stamp too!

4. Kay says:

Love it! You have a wonderful style.

5. Rene says:

Hi Heather, I love your cards, the pictures are so real looking. I get a lot of inspiration from you.
    Rene from OZ xo

6. Janet Castle says:

Gorgeous card Heather…love how you accomplish such a real look!!!

7. Your scenes are so beautiful. I can just see myself looking out towards the hills.

8. jmhave44 says:

Oh yes, definitely, I recognize “Heather T” in this lovely work. Your signature sponging is so beautiful & I love it so much. Love this stamp too. Just looked through the catalog, and see so many wonderful stamps (just when I say I have ENOUGH AWREADY), and there’s so many irrestible ones. I like the trees, birds, branches & flowers best though (but then, the little cute ballerina is pretty special…as is Hedgie…as are the stickers…umm..I’d better stop!. TFS a wonderful card – really love this one.

9. Pamela G says:

Love this card, Heather. It’s almost photographic. Your choice of colours exactly captures and recreates the light of a winter day. Thank you very much.

10. Another wonderful card Heather. Love the richness of the blue, wish we had blue skies here in the UK.

11. Gabby says:

Gorgeous! Great job at creating depth/distance w/the color variations and the dark, black tree stamped over. LOVE this card! 🙂

12. Gorgeous! I really love trees and your background is wonderful! xx

13. Denise says:

Gorgeous card, lovely design, fab colours…LURVE IT!! Hugs Denise (UK) x

14. Kathy Browns says:

Another lovely card!

15. Denise Trottier says:

Beautiful scene as always, I always recognize your cards, Heather, by your style…I love those new stamps as I’m a big fan of Penny Black, they never disappoint…I also love the Melle papillon and the Mona Lisa as they can be used as mixed media stamps too which is so much fun..thank you for sharing…
    Denise Trottier

16. My husband has agreed….If I can master, or at least make a reasonable attempt, of your techniques using the inks that you have, (I currently have 5 non-matching dewdrops), and produce something a fraction of the quality and beauty that you do, then I can buy some inkpads trusting that God will provide for them. Ever heard of praying for ink before? Your cards simply stun and bless….I want my cards to do likewise…bless, bless, bless! Your stunning card of God’s wonderful creation just took my breath away! TFS!

17. Pam H says:

Love the card!

18. LaVon says:

Wow, beautiful! You really breath life into these stamps. Thanks for sharing.

19. Francie in Montreal says:

Rhapsody in blue! Lovely card.

That touch of pink in the blue sponging really makes this card, Heather. Just perfect.

21. Cheryl McAskill says:

Very Pretty! Great Job, love your work! Thank you for sharing! Look forward to more of these!

22. cecile53 says:

I am nearly seduced to buy more stamps,, although I told myself that I wouldn’t for a while 😉