Trailing Beauty watercoloured

Trailing Beauty watercolour

I think I have mentioned already how many lovely new background stamps there are in the new PB catalog. My card above features another one, Trailing Beauty.

I used watercolour pencils to colour the line design which I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink. I was not meticulous in either colouring or blending with water; there is plenty of ‘going over the lines’. I sponged the beige background, added the letter background and also stamped a very pale imprint of the floral stamp on the card base before adding the sentiment.

The fun continues with watercolouring inspiration from Jill today on the Penny Black Blog. They are ten days into the 20 consecutive days of inspiration, featuring stamps from the Take Flight catalog!  And since they’re featuring 20 days of inspiration, they’re also giving away 20 NEW stamps to one lucky reader. I will be sharing two cards there tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting.

Stamps: Trailing BeautyLetter BackgroundEloquence (PB)
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black & Olympia Green, Memento Desert Sand & Potter’s Clay(Tsukineko)
Also: Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
Cardstock:   Spring Meadows Mix & Match Papers

25 Comments on “Trailing Beauty watercoloured”

1. Carol Lucas says:

Lovely card! Very soft and pretty.

2. pattisj says:

Another beautiful image! Love the soft, loose color you’ve added, Heather.

3. Francie in Montreal says:

Lovely soft gentle colours on a very nice image. Beautifully done!

4. Judy says:

I love the soft coloring on your lovely card!!

5. cecile53 says:

beautifull and lovely!

6. Janet Castle says:

Beautiful card, beautifully done Heather!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

7. Denise Trottier says:

Lovely card and a great stamp…love the colors…

8. Gorgeous image, and you have colored it just right Heather Love that soft text in the background and your signature sponging!.

9. Carol B says:

Beautiful card, love the way you blended .the colors, so restful.

10. rdhhall says:

Wow, wow, wow! This is an absolutely gorgeous card! This is on my to do list for sure. Thanks for sharing!

11. Dianne says:

Gorgeous coloring just fabulous, thanks for sharing..

12. Iedere dag kijk ik weer of er een mooie kaart op staat.Ik leer veel van je uitleg!

13. Marja says:

Gorgeous card Heather and beautidul soft colors
    lovely greet
    Marja

14. Rene says:

I love your cards Heather, your colouring is superb!!
    Rene from OZ xo

15. Cheryl McAskill says:

Very Pretty! I think I am starting to like these stamps alot. I am going to try to link up to the Penny Black Stamps. Is this possible?

16. This is GORGEOUS Heather! And I do have to agree how beautiful these PB background stamps are!

17. Gabby says:

Lovely stamp, coloring and card! 🙂

Ooh, so very pretty!

19. So very pretty, Heather! I love it!!!

20. So did you sponge and stamp the background first before stamping the main image? I think the background really brings the image out without making it ‘pop’ too much! (I’m learning American-isms!). The loose watercolouring looks sooooooo good and very delicate….good tip! Thanks! The attention to detail is lovely, placing the subtle floral image under the sentiment just brings it altogether and softens everything….beautiful card! TFS!

21. Pamela G says:

I love the way you have captured the subtle and delicate beauty of the flowers, Heather. Many thanks for sharing your God-given talent.

22. jmhave44 says:

Simply gorgeous. Looks a bit oriental, and love that you watercolored this. So very pretty. Very spring-ish. Great stamp too. Thanks for showcasing this stamp.

23. ooh this image is gorgeous! I love the colours and the script in the background – Fabulous! xx

24. Cheryl says:

Heather, This new background stamp is beautiful. I like how you took a portion of it for your card. Such soft and subtle coloring too. Very pretty.