Watermarked leaves

Watermarked leaves

The card above was inspired by Paula Whittaker’s simple and elegant wheat card. The details on my card are fairly hard to see subtle, definitely clean and simple. I created my green panel by brayering Memento Bamboo Leaves ink on white cardstock and then stamping the branch stamp, Verdant, with water several times. I stamped the branch again in wheat ink on the card base, the sentiment in Bamboo Leaves  and added a scored border which is so ‘subtle’ you can hardly see it.

We have a fresh 15cm of snow outside which made driving a little crazy today but of course everything looks magical again.

Stamps:Verdant ,  Thanks, thanks PB)
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves and Versamagic Wheat (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper

14 Comments on “Watermarked leaves”

1. julie cluff says:

That’s just beautiful! Love that deep, rich green!

2. Darnell says:

Mmmm, so tender and beautiful, Heather! Enjoy your freshly fallen snow! I’m hearing that the East Coast is getting hammered … eeks.

3. Mary H. says:

Very subtle indeed, but oh so beautiful….Love the green and the muted wheat stamp is just the right color on this elegant card. TFS

4. I have always loved watercolour paintings. Although the market seems to favour oil paintings, I think watercolour is so much harder to achieve, yet unsurpassable when done well. To be able to express and interpret this form in such way is sheer genius! Watercoloured poppies followed by watermarked leaves…I feel my senses going into overdrive. oh dear! ANOTHER technique must do and you have me falling in love with PB stamps….is that allowed so close to St.Valentines?…..

5. Maureen Chandler says:

This is just lovely – thank you so much!

6. Gabby says:

Very nice! 🙂

7. Paula W says:

wow that’s lovely!

8. doris says:

Never occurred to me to stamp with water! What a beautiful look on your green panel.

9. Doris Cote says:

Very interesting. I wonder how it would look if we took a real set of rose leaves and sprayed them with a touch of water and laid them down on an inked surface.I know you are selling the stamps, but you opened up a whole new can of worms for me. lol

10. marilyn says:

I don’t remember how I found your blog, but I am SO happy I did! You embody what I think are the perfect cards….simple and elegant. I’m enjoying learning new techniques (water stamping, trapped white space, etc), fresh ideas which have been helpful to rejuvenate my stamping (or lack thereof lately)! Thank you for so generously sharing your talent…it is very appreciated.

11. Barbara Thomassen says:

Your work takes my breath away, it is so lovely. Thank you!

12. Gorgeous! The effect is fabulous and I love the green xx

13. Love your designs! I am definitely adding you to my blog list!

Very nice! I have yet to have success with that technique.