Summer silhouette

I haven’t stamped a landscape for a while so I decided to create something summery. Don’t bother thinking too long about why the moon is out and the the grass is sunlit and yet there is still a silhouette in the foreground. I didn’t really think that one through myself; I just wanted to make it pretty.

I started with border masks and a circle for the moon. I sponged in blue, then yellow and finally orange. The wispy grass in orange is the top of the Dreamy stamp and the the silhouette is Berry red, Snow white. If I was making this one again I would stamp my sentiment a smidge higher, but on the whole I was happy with the way it turned out.

I hope you are enjoying some summer weather or if you’re in the southern hemisphere at least some sunshine.

Stamps: Dreamy, Berry Red Snow White, Wishes(Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Danube Blue, Summer Sky, Daffodil, Cantaloupe,  Versafine Onyx Black(Tsukineko)

16 Comments on “Summer silhouette”

1. pattisj says:

I like it just as it is! Nice color choices, clean and uncluttered.

2. Doris says:

Before reading your (funny!) explanation, I thought the white circle was the sun…which would allow the scene to make total sense. Whatever celestial body it is, though, doesn’t matter, because you certainly succeeded in creating a pretty card…as usual 🙂

3. Well, it IS a full moon, and that can certainly light up the landscape! It’s beautiful and so appropriate for a sympathy card.

4. Vicky says:

Perhaps a white hot sun…?! I love the golden look of the landscape and for me the sentiment is perfectly positioned.

5. Julie Brooks says:

What a lovely design. And you can have the moon out during a sunny day – just depends what time of the year it is!

6. Maureen Chandler says:

This is lovely and makes me want to make some too! Thank you!

7. FANTASTIC Heather….you amaze me…

8. Jan Castle says:

Very pretty Heather….maybe it’s a sunrise?..thus the moon!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

9. Elaine says:

Who cares about the technicalities!! It looks like a long hazy summery day to me – it’s great!

10. Maxine Koehli says:

If you haden’t drawn my attension to “the moon” in the daytime, I would have thought it was the sun, anyway it is a lovely card.

11. Debbie says:

love that colorful landscape on the white background, very pretty!

I’m chuckling at your afterthoughts! 😀 And yes, I too thought it was a hazy sun. Art does not always require logic. It doesn’t matter, because it’s such a pretty card!

13. Paulette S says:

I didn’t even notice. It’s beautiful. All of your cards make me say, why didn’t I think if that. LOL

14. Katie says:

Beautiful card. Your work continues to amaze me! Thanks for sharing your talents (and continuing to feed into our “need” for new stamps).

15. Yvette says:

This is so beautiful and so appropriate for a sympathy card! Sadly we need these cards too.