Popping petals

Today’s card features one of the new Penny Black transparent sets, Petal Party. You will probably notice that the layout is not new; I have used one of my favourite masked layouts with a popped up flower as a variation. The flowers and leaves are embossed in clear then sponged outside the lines in order to blend the colours a little. The sentiment is from Sweet Wishes.

Back tomorrow with another CAS card.

Stamps: Petal PartySweet Wishes  (Penny Black)
Inks: Summer Sun, Pear Tart, Lilac Posies, versamark (Tsukineko)
Also: clear e.p.

12 Comments on “Popping petals”

1. Doris says:

Your cards are always beautiful and elegant. I really love the colours on this one. The embossed flowers are so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. Patti J. says:

Heather, this is just beautiful! I will have to try this technique sometime. Thanks for sharing, and for being such a wonderful inspiration!

3. Char says:

Heather, I have been making all kinds of cards using your sponging techniques. Yesterday I did one using clear embossing on stamp edges, but the lines were nowhere near as defined as yours. The ones on your card above just pop! Do you emboss more than once, or use an embossing pen or ??? Thanks for the help and for sharing your talents.

4. Judy says:

Beautiful and eye catching!

5. Gabby says:

Beautiful card! Like the way you inked the flowers. Great look. 🙂

6. Shirley-bee says:

Wow! I love the juicy colour scheme contrasting with the white.

That _is_ a classic layout! 😉 The colours on this are gorgeous. What a beautiful card!

8. Debbie aka swldebbie says:

Love it!

9. Marja says:

This is gorgeous Heather. Sooo beautiful and I love the colors and the flowers. Great composition.
    lovely greet
    Marja

10. Jan Castle says:

Hi heather….just so you know, there is a problem with your post for June 27th…you picture pops up, but the area where your card should go when linked to the Internet says ‘no page found’. The e-mail part does show your lovely card….it’s when you go to the Internet to leave a comment that I get the message. Tried several times with my desktop computer, as well as elsewhere with my I-Pad.
    Beautiful June 27th card!!!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

11. CherylQuilts says:

Wow, Heather, this is gorgeous! I just LOVE this flower, and your style is wonderful…love the masking and sponging…need this set! 🙂