Silhouette and sun

My parents sent me a stamp set from Darkroom Door for my birthday so I played around with it on the weekend. The set is Wildflowers Vol 2 and is full of lovely silhouettes just waiting to be stamped into a scenic landscape!

I masked a panel first then sponged in greens, blue and yellow before stamping the flowers in green a couple of times, then black to finish. I planned to pop the panel up but it still needed something more so I pulled out the embroidery thread and punched a couple of indents to wrap a length of thread around a few times. I have a couple more using this set coming up over the next few days.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stamps: Wildflowers Vol 2 (Darkroom Door), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Inks: Summer Sun, Mellow Moss, Artichoke, Bashful Blue (SU), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: MFP 100lb white
Also: Embroidery thread

13 Comments on “Silhouette and sun”

1. Kathy Browns says:

I recently stumbled upon your site and am in awe of your beautiful cards. Your style is absolutely eye-catching. Thank you for the inspiration!

2. Judy says:

Lovely! I love the the colors in the background.

3. diana says:

Lovely card! I like Darkroom Door stamps, too! 😉

4. Heather, your creations never cease to amaze me. This is just gorgeous!

5. Chrissie says:

Just beautiful Heather, what an elegant stamp… and a lovely gift! Hope you had a great birthday… whenever it was!
    Chrissie

6. Gery says:

First off all: happy birthday, whenever that was.
    What a beautiful present to become on your birthday!
    Again this is such a lovely card.
    To me it shows that spring is really coming soon.
    It’s beautiful to see that you stamped the flowers first in green
    and afterwards in black.
    You inspire me. I did my Christmas- and other cards like this before I saw your blog,
    but I can learn a lot from your technique.
    Be shure I won’t copy your work, because my heart ticks different than yours 🙂
    XGeryX

7. Marja says:

Fabulous present you have had from your parents Heather and a marvelous creation you have made. So beautiful, love it.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

8. Linda says:

I too recently stumbled onto your website and must say your cards are breath taking! Absoultely gorgeous!

Isn’t it nice when someone gives you something so perfectly suited to you? This is beautiful, with the two tone stamping and of course the perfectly-sponged background.

10. debbie says:

absolutely beautiful – could you tell me what brand of inks you use to do your cards the colours are amazing x

11. Beautiful “snapshot” design Heather! Perfect blending!

12. What a great birthday present! And what a beautiful card, Heather. Love how you have the images fading into the background. Gorgeous!