Neutral wildflowers

Here is another card made with one of the stamps from the Darkroom Door Wildflowers 2 set. It is an unusual colour scheme for me but I was thinking of the Less is More stamp challenge (Neutral colours) when I made it. By the time I had finished however I realised there was a little more stamping rather than less covering the card!

I started by masking the panel then stamping the wildflower spray in versamark a couple of times. I then sponged some crumb cake ink before sprinkling some clear embossing powder over the wildflowers. Because I had sponged after the versamark the embossed images ended up rather ghost-like. I inked a brayer with a small square ink pad  and then transferred it to the panel creating slight tile effect on the back ground.  A little more sponging, flowers stamped in early espresso and a black flower and sentiment completed the card.

Thank you again for visiting and commenting; I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate all your encouragement.

Stamps: Wildflowers Vol 2 (Darkroom Door), All Year Cheer(SU)
Inks: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake (SU), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory

15 Comments on “Neutral wildflowers”

That’s what I was thinking, that the versamarked flowers are very ghost-like. A cool effect! Sigh, when you get a “tile-like” effect, it looks artistic; when I do, it looks like a mistake! 😛 Anyway… such a pretty card, love the single bold one in black.

2. Fabulous with the 1 black one — love this idea…………. as usual! 🙂

3. Cheryl D. says:

I just found your work and had to start following..from up state NY, You have a GREAT talent and artistic touch.

4. Debbie aka swldebbie says:

Very pretty! Like others have said, if I did it, I’d probably feel like it didn’t get right. But when I look at yours, it just all works together and looks great. Guess we are always our own worst critics.

5. Pat R says:

BEAUTIFUL! Love the one black flower with the browns in the background.

6. Chrissie says:

There’s a very ethereal quality to this one Heather… you’re right in that there is more of the card covered than usual, but it’s simply lovely!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    “Less is More”

7. sue says:

Wow, so many different techniques to this card! And each one continues to bring out more beauty. You have such innovative ideas, Heather, and use them so well. Your final product is always different — and always stunning. Beautiful!

8. Ann Y. says:

I love browns. There is something so soothing about them. Your card is gorgeous as always. l like the different ways you’ve stamped the image – with embossing powder, brown ink, and one in black ink. The way you inked the background created a great effect, too.

9. stempelomi says:

absolutly lovely. great work!

hugs,Beate

10. elborgi says:

less is more- thats right and your cards are wonderful!

Hello from Elma in germany

11. Ann says:

Fabulous – reminds me of old sepia photos. These colours really work together.

12. valerie says:

Fabulous Heather I love the way the light gives it such depth:)
    Val x

13. Marja says:

Marvelous art work Heather. Love the composition but also the beautiful colors. Great work.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

14. nise says:

Amazing! Love the dreamy look of this. I am quite smitten with browns and you take them to a new level of gorgoeus. Thank you SO much. Truly inspiring.