Holly Garlands

Before I talk about this ‘neat and tidy’ card I want to thank you, my readers, for your responses to my previous post of two wreaths, a neat and a messy one. Most of you preferred the artsy(messy) wreath although there was still some appreciation for the neat one. It was great to read what you thought and why the messy one appealed. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

This neat little panel of holly took quite some time to colour, maybe this is why I don’t often paint inside small detailed images. The holly stamp from the PB set ‘garlands’ is embossed in platinum embossing powder then coloured with three zig clean color real brush pens. I coloured the leaves with the olive and the green pen then blended with water. I use a wine pen to colour the berries and also blended them with water for a bit of shadow. I like the finished panel but won’t be doing this style too often!

I tried to finish the card with a bright red die cut sentiment but it did not get along with the patterned background so I just snuck in a little red stamped sentiment instead. Hope you have a great weekend and I’ll be back next week to show you why ‘stamping is for the birds’!

Supplies

Stamps: garlands, Christmas sentiments

Paper: hot pressed watercolour, neenah cream

Ink: silver encore ink, versafine clair glamorous
Markers: zig clean color real brush markers

Also: WOW platinum embossing powder

7 Comments on “Holly Garlands”

1. memalagene says:

I love your repeated holly background!

2. simone mcloughlin says:

i like the preciseness and colors of this card. clean and crisp! i just looked back at the other two cards (wreaths) and i seem to like the “messy” one a bit better, but they are both beautiful!
    the “messy” one has some action. like a snowstorm going on behind it. great!

This holly is beautiful and the red berries really stand out against the white background and the two tone green leaves, so wonderfully coloured as always Heather, and I love the red sentiment too. x

4. Karen Jackson says:

A simple design ( albeit a time consuming one to colour) but oh so effective. Crisp and elegant.

5. swanlady21 says:

Beautiful.

6. bonklassgmailcom says:

You have done a wonderful job of coloring these holly boughs, Heather! It’s so tedious to color something that small and stay in the lines, at least for me. I love the look though and can appreciate the time it took to get these colors so perfect!

7. Liz in NH says:

Love the wonderful shading. You have mucho patience here.