Lilacs video tutorial

I am excited to share not only these pretty new stamps today but a video tutorial as well! I know, it is hard to believe.

I created this card using a technique I love to use with brushstroke stamps: watercolour with distress stains. I generally use the dauber topped distress stains but as they are being discontinued I thought I would try applying stain with a paint brush. It adds another step in application but the end result is just as pretty.

I filmed this video and a couple more with my son’s new camera which I am still getting used to so there are some focusing issues where the camera chooses to focus on my hand instead of the panel. I didn’t think it was enough of a problem to start again so I hope it isn’t too annoying. You get to see me drop my paintbrush with stain on it in the middle of the panel and come up with a quick fix too. I hope you enjoy the video and get to do some creating of your own.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stamps: lilacs, grateful heart

Distress stains: shaded lilacs, wilted violet, bundled sage, peeled paint

Inks: Spanish moss versafine ink
Paper: hot pressed watercolour, neenah natural white

Tools: MISTI

12 Comments on “Lilacs video tutorial”

1. Daria says:

Beautiful card! Thank you for the video.

2. mildredmildew says:

Really enjoyed your video.

3. nessiecraft says:

What a beautiful card!

4. I was not sure I needed this stamp until this video😉 I never pass by a lilac bush and not smell the blossoms. I have been known to stop a car to take a whiff. Now I just have to find one! Awesome💜💜💜

Lilac is beautiful in May and June, a real burst of Summer to come Heather. I love the loose look and such pretty colours too, and the sentiment finishes it perfectly. Thank you for the video. x

6. Karen Jackson says:

What a beautiful card and sentiment Heather. I really appreciate the video. Looking forward to the next one.

7. Glenna says:

Beautiful card Heather! Looking forward to your next video!

8. Clelie says:

Loved WATCHING you work your Magic! Can’t wait to see your other videos! Thanks for all your work making these tutorials. ♥

9. Michelle regis says:

Hello again yes the lilac is one of my specal favorite blossoms as where i grew up there were many lilac trees in reds purple white mauve . I useed to raid ,the neighbouring trees ( naughty child ) to bring my mom bouquets.

10. […] to feel like it here in Ottawa too. The method for this card is exactly the same as shown in my lilac video tutorial This card was stamped with distress stains, one of my favourite mediums for creating a loose […]

11. konarose says:

Thank you, Heather! I just love the depth and yet watercolory look you created. Glad to find this video and now I would like to try 🙂

12. Teri S. says:

I have seen so many of your cards on Pinterest, etc. & think “wow!” over each one of them. So much talent in you! I am so very grateful you’ve made a video of this card. I learn visually so much easier than just reading about a process, & you have a very soothing voice.