Polar bears

I stamped and embossed four panels of this Penny Black mosaic background recently for a project you’ll see in a few days but then I got another idea and painted over one. When I started painting it I totally forgot that I had not stamped it on watercolour paper but neenah solar white cardstock. I dabbed it dry fairly quickly and although it curled the surface of the paper, it did not end up looking pilled or damaged.

Even though the ‘sky’ is very patterned I still think it gives the impression of northern lights for this little family of bears to wander under. The polar bears die from Penny Black cuts only at the top so the bears appear to be walking across the snow.

Even though I initially did not plan to do watercolour with this panel I did and it meets the challenge at CAS watercolor this month. As always there is tons of beauty to be found if you check out the team samples and challenge entries.

Supplies

Stamp: mosaic pattern

Die: polar bears

Versamark ink & clear embossing powder

Paint

11 Comments on “Polar bears”

1. Doris says:

I just LOVE this card, especially the pattern and colors you chose. They are the perfect backdrop for your polar bears!

2. Maria Zanin says:

Heather, This is spectacular! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Mari Zanin

Sent from my iPhone

3. memalagene says:

Awesome, I love the native look of the sky!

That patterned sky is so pretty heather and the ink colours look great over the heat embossing, and the polar bears walking across look very lifelike. x

5. Clelie says:

LOVE THIS !!!♥

6. lollthompson says:

Gorgeous patterned background, Heather. Love the blend of colours paired with the sweet white die-cuts. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

7. Nancy Littrell says:

Beautiful stamped and watercoloured patterned sky for your family of polar bears. TFS Heather and so pleased you joined us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs and Happy Holidays.

8. kdunbrook says:

such an amazing card..love the way you used that bkg Heather.
    Merry Christmas wishes mf.
    Thanks for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
    🙂 xx Karen

9. beautiful background, love the pretty mosaic tile background and those gorgeous bears. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour 🙂

10. Hideko says:

I love the mosaic sky background, Heather! It’s simply gorgeous and the colors are wonderful (like northern lights as you say). The white polar bear die-cut beautifully pops against it. Hideko

11. Bonnie says:

Beautiful colors in your background, Heather! Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour! Thanks so much for the beautiful card!