Stacked die cutsPosted: August 14, 2016 Filed under: Brusho, shall we dance | Tags: Brusho, Penny Black creative dies 9 Comments
When I first tried this technique I did it the same way many did, by cutting multiples die cuts from cardstock and gluing them on top of each other. I now use a quicker method where I die-cut the image out of foam which replaces the stack of cardstock die cuts. I always find it a little tricky to stack the very fine stems and letters; the foam stretches a bit and the cardstock is very hard to line up. Despite these fiddly factors I managed to get it all in place to create this subtle floral design on another abstract watercoloured panel.
This was one of those panels where the brusho patterns turned out to be very pretty so I didn’t want to lose much by stamping over it or cropping. Raising a die cut image is a great solution when you want to preserve some pattern but still have a focal image.
Stamps: Sprinkles & Smiles (PB)
Die: Shall we dance
Paints: Brusho powders (Colourcraft)
Inks: Deep Lagoon ink (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper
Also: stick it adhesive sheet, adhesive backed fun foam
Thanks for this creative idea. Yours looks so awesome.
Gorgeous Brusho colours Heather and love the way you have die cut the flowers from this pretty sheet and inlaid them but raised them up a bit with the foam which gives them much more impact, and a lovely sentiment too. x
I love how you’ve made this catx, thanks for sharing the “foam” tip I will definitely try it for myself. Just a beautiful card. Xx
Love the look of the popped-up die cuts with the vibrant colors.
It is wonderful… as usual!
I find sometimes the backgrounds work… sometimes not so much. This one definitely was worth keeping intact. Beautiful card!
Beautiful Card, I love Brusho’s.
Simply gorgeous! Love Brushos.
Beautiful card and fantastic Brusho background. Thank you for the inspiration!