Poppy PaintingPosted: July 18, 2015
More bister, this time in combination with color burst powder and zig clean color real brush pens. This panel of poppies was almost tossed because at one point it looked a mess. I stamped two poppies using a pink zig pen to ink the stamp. I filled the outline in using both the pen and some pink colour burst powder. I also painted the stems in green but it all looked a bit dull and I wasn’t sure how to add interest. I decided to lose some of the definition by spritzing the whole thing with water. The poppies bled in all directions and it really wasn’t an improvement at all! I set it aside and worked on something else while it dried. When I came back to it I decided to add another partial poppy as well as the bud and seed head. I painted loose leaf shapes and added green and blue bister powder around the bottom and top of the panel. To sharpen the poppy images a little I painted darker colours below the edges and added the veins back in.
Those poppies keep finding their way onto my cards; I don’t know how it happens…