Trumpet Song

Trumpet Song Heather Telford

Thanks for joining me this week as I showcased stamps and dies from the new  Sunshine and Smiles collection. Today I have this lovely floral slapstick cling stamp to share. I began by painting a pale blue wash over watercolour paper with Broken China distress stain.  Once that was dry I inked the Trumpet Song stamp with Danube Blue and Grape Jelly memento markers on the flowers, Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy on the leaves, Dandelion, Cantaloupe and Tuxedo Black on the bird and Rich Cocoa and Black on the twigs. I spritzed the stamp lightly before stamping on the watercolour panel. I used a paint brush to pick up memento ink from an acrylic block which I added to the stamped image. To finish I splattered some grape jelly and cottage ivy ink over the panel.

To complete the card I cut both the painted panel and a blue mat with one of the stitched edge dies, attached it all to a natural white card base then added a sentiment.

Karen has used this stamp on a couple of gorgeous cards recently here and here.

Stamps: Trumpet Song, Pretty Petals (PB)
Creative Dies: Stitched Edges
Inks: Broken China distress stain, Evergreen Bough distress inks (Ranger) Versafine Deep Lagoon, Danube Blue, Grape Jelly, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa memento markers(Imagine Craft/Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Natural White cardstock

11 Comments on “Trumpet Song”

1. ar0se4u2 says:

I love the dark blue in this card, it makes it pop off the page. Beautiful, Heather.

2. Linda says:

This is your prettiest card yet!

• Anja de Regt says:

Another great card and more inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with all of us!! I love coming to your blog and attempt to make some of your cards! Thank you so much for leaving me a comment too, I truly appreciate that! Thanks and happy creating, Anja

3. Roxy says:

I so look forward to your art.. It is so colorful on a gray day… Such a beautiful card Heather I hope the receivers of your cards put them in frames they are truly a beautiful piece of art.. Have a great day.. Kind Regards Roxy

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I love the way you use stamps such as this one in such a way that it’s impossible to tell you started with a stamp at all. It’s just a miniature piece of watercolour art.

These trumpet flowers are so beautiful and I love the colours you have used Heather. The shaped stitched edge to the bottom of the panel works really well, and the dark blue you have mounted it on makes the image stand out . x

6. Paulette S says:

Love this one too, Heather!! Your water color magic, is so beautiful! I’ve got to try it one day.

7. memalagene says:

Oh my, this is GORGEOUS! such a lovely watercolor effect!

8. […] stamps and ink. I pulled out the ‘Trumpet Song’ stamp to try it with distress stains. Last week’s card with the same stamp was done with Memento inks and retained more of the definition in the stamp. Using distress stains […]

9. […] the ‘Trumpet Song’ stamp again and stamped an even looser image than the previous two (here and here). I stamped on watercolour paper splattered with masking fluid. After stamping with […]