Love is..

Love is by Heather Telford

Although not designed as a Mother’s day card this one featuring the well known passage from 1 Corinthians 13 would be perfect to give my Mother as she has modeled the characteristics listed in this passage throughout her life. It could also work for a wedding or a special friend.

This panel was a very experimental one. I stamped the verse stamp from ‘Love Chapter’ in clear powder on cold pressed watercolour paper. I was aiming for an incomplete impression so I wiped off a bit of versamark before I stamped. I set aside the embossed panel while I worked on another panel using a single stamp but many distress stains. Each time I reinked the stamp I wiped the distress stain off on a baby wipe. The baby wipe ended up being quite saturated with pinks, yellows and greens but in quite a pretty, not muddy way. I lay the stained wipe over my embossed panel then soaked it with water so the colours transferred to the paper.

The large flower stamp is from the transparent set ‘To You’. I inked it with red, orange and pink stains, spritzed it with water then stamped over the embossing. Before it could dry I used a damp brush to draw the colours into the petals.

I hope you are having a happy Mother’s day. I am feeling well fed and well loved by my sweet family.

Stamps: Love ChapterTo You (PB)
Inks: Forest Moss, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries Distress Stains(Ranger) & Versamark  (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% Cotton cold pressed watercolour paper, Neenah Avon Brilliant white, Burgandy cardstock
Also: Clear embossing powder

12 Comments on “Love is..”

1. CherylQuilts says:

Beautiful, Heather!! I love this stamp and the Scripture passage, and it’s beautiful with the colors and wonderful technique you’ve used!! Amazing! Hugs!

2. halligan1247 says:

Heather, this is such a lovely, lovely card. Thank you for sharing your magic!

Helen Halligan

Helen Halligan Sent from my iPad

3. memalagene says:

Beautiful card! I love your idea of using the stamp cleaning baby wipe to color your background!

4. Speechless… so beautiful!

5. Liz in NH says:

Heather, this is gorgeous, so lush and sweet. I can’t wait to try these techniques and colors tomorrow. You are so inspiring. Thank you, and Happy Mom Day!

6. Roxy says:

So glad you had a wonderful Mother’s Day your card is really beautiful your tech was worth it

7. Shirley-bee says:

This is beautiful, Heather! Great way to use the colour from the baby wipe.

This is so pretty and the watercolouring with that quite wet and washy style works perfectly for this card Heather. So pleased you had a lovely Mother’s Day. x

I have had baby wipes that look almost too pretty to throw away — I think I might try this next time I happen to make one! The background with the big flower images set off the embossed quote beautifully.

10. Amy N. says:

Gorgeous!!!!! Would love to see a video tutorial. I’m a visual learner!:)

11. Jamie Vanskiver says:

Gosh this card is gorgeous!!! I wish all of my experiments turned out as gorgeous as this! Beautiful mother’s day card:)